It's the big 2016 Holiday Catalog release at Stampendous! Yay! I'm excited about so many of the products and given a special Narnia wardrobe to allow time to stand still, I would sit in my studio and design with almost every new product. There are just too many to call a single one a favorite... but I can call favorites on the samples I made so today I'm sharing one of them.
Here are some other designers sharing their favorites today as well as the Stampendous post for Stencil Thursday, it's a plethora of release information!
|1. Stampendous Blog||4. Alison Heikkila|
|2. Kristine Reynolds||5. Laura Drahozal|
|3. Louise Healy|
And here's how I made my card!
SSC1068 Christmas Wishes Perfectly Clear™ Stamp Set
FMS4044 Holly Scroll Stencil
DCP1007 Build A Wreath Die Set
DP020 Detail Clear Embossing Powder
DWDEPT Dreamweaver Translucent Paste
DWDPK Dreamweaver Palette Knife
DWLM2010 Paste Spreader
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
SSH46 Large Acrylic Perfectly Clear™ Stamp Handle
EPA50 HT400 Embossing Heat Tool
My Colors™ Mint Julep cardstock by My Mind's Eye®
Colorbox® Pigment Ink by Clearsnap® (Scarlet, Cranberry, Chianti, Lemon Grass, Moss Green, Green, Espresso)
Red Organdy ribbon by Creative Impressions®
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
3D Glue Dots®
Micro Glue Dots®
Sponges or daubers
- Fold half of a Mint Julep cardstock in half for a finished 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
- Sponge lighter reds and greens onto 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch white cardstock. Let dry.
- Sponge reds on 2 x 4 1/2 inches white cardstock.
- Use anti-static remover before stamping Christmas Wishes sentiment with Espresso ink.
- Sprinkle sentiment with clear embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set.
- Trim edges into pennant tails.
- Tape down larger sponged paper onto flat surface and then tape Holly Scroll Stencil down.
- Apply translucent paste along one side of the stencil with palette knife.
- Change to the paste spreader and on a 30 degree angle drag along paste evenly over the stencil.
- Promptly remove stencil and place into warm soapy water with palette knife and spreader. Rinse and dry.
- Let paste dry on paper and then sponge darker reds and greens over stenciled paper ending with various spots in brown ink.
- Dampen a paper towel of cloth and gently remove ink from translucent embossing.
- Trim down embossed paper to fit on card base and tie a bow around the bottom with red organza ribbon. Glue to card base.
- Cut three holly leaves from Build A Wreath on Mint Julep cardstock. Cut berries from leftover sponged paper or red paper. Bend leaves at scored veins on leaves.
- Use 3D glue dots to adhere sentiment strip.
- Glue holly leaves and berries down as shown with Zip-Dry glue.