Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, January 25, 2016

Faulty Break of Dawn


It's Monday already! I'm back with a card I made for the Mix-Ability challenge, that my little ol' self is hostess on Splitcoaststampers. We are have some Faulty Fun for the week.

If you want to have some fun with mixed media and use supplies you already have in your stash, we have the challenges for you. Go check out MIX156: Faulty Fun for a little creativity incorporating a fault line that slides, shifts or slips in a project that includes 2 or more mediums. 


My fault line happens to be the break of dawn in this mixed media card that uses three different coloring mediums, plus ink to stamp the image onto watercolor paper.

It was so much fun to add spontaneous bits of color and m favorite are the light night lights on in the sky scraper and warehouse building.

Here is the supply list and instructions to get an idea of how I went about creating this card.

Supplies:

Stampendous:
NKCFS03 Urban Scribble Stamp Set
SSC1238 Love Always Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
STF082 Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH57 Jumbo Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handle

Plus:
My Colors™ Cardstock by My Mind's Eye
Watercolor Paper
Koi™ Watercolor Paints by Sakura
Colored Pencils by Prismacolor®
Acrylic Paint Pens by Liquitex
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives

Instructions:

  1. Fold a 10 x 7 inch color cardstock in half for a 5 x 7 inch finished card base.
  2. Stamp image on watercolor paper with black ink.
  3. Use color washes on buildings and sky and build up to brighter colors and muted colors for the day and night side of the cards.
  4. Stamp sentiment from Love Always Perfectly Clear Stamp Set with black ink.
  5. Use colored pencils to add highlights in contrasting colors and shadows in neutral colors.
  6. Add stars with a white acrylic paint pen. Add dark shadows sparingly with black paint pen.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Janelle! Wonderful colors with a unique concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- I loooooooveee this so much!!!! Amazing!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the watercolor soft feel to your card! The hand drawn looking buildings really appeal to me. This is a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!