Welcome to an exciting blog hop where it's perfectly okay to be really stuck! The Stampendous design team is hopping with the team over at Glue Dots® and there are prizes! Head on over to the Stampendous blog for details on how to win one of three prize packages!
Here is the hop list for today in case you are just getting started here!
Today I really wanted to show a fun example of how to use both sides of the coin, the glue dot that is, when you want something to really stick, but be flexible as needs be fit.
This is a card and it may lay flat in an envelope to be mailed, but set it up and fluff out the boughs to have a dimensional tree that won't fall apart!
That's if from me for today unless you want to know just how I assembled this card, then keep on reading.
CRS5080 Cling Create Christmas Stamp Set
M326 Christmas Love Stamp
DCS5080 Create Christmas Die Cut Set
DCS5079 Create Winter Die Cut Set (snow dies)
CP811 Creative Palette MonoPrinting Plate
MPW811 Fran's Mixed Media White Paper
VM001 Versafine Onyx Black ink by Tsukineko®
Cardstock by Wausau
Paint by DecoArt®
Colored pencils by Prismacolor®
Mini Dots by Glue Dots®
Craft Dots by Glue Dots®
Glue Lines by Glue Dots® if you have them.
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock in half for a finished 5 1/2 inch square card base. Set aside.
- Spread small amount of acrylic paint onto Creative Palette with brayer. Imprint paint onto clean white cardstock. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp Christmas tree four times and color each section on a different stamped image. Color above each section so there is no white paper.
- Cut tree into sections using the Create Christmas Die Cut Set, first as a whole tree than across the section colored.
- Glue tree using Mini Dots for each layer starting with the full tree on the bottom and each layer moving up the tree to the top layer. Exclude the edges of the boughs across the bottom edge and curl them upward way from bottom layer.
Tip: If you have Glue Lines you can add them straight down the center of each tree layer and not worry about the edges at all! Just remember to color in more of the tree.
- Stamp and color four ornament strings and cut out using the matching die cut.
- Use a Glue Dot on the front at one end of the ornament string and on the back at the other end. Adhere the front to the underside of a branch and angle down to the opposite side of the bough.
- Stamp and color the star topper and hand trim. Glue with Craft Dot to the top of the tree.
- Cut a brown monoprint piece with rectangle die cut.
- Cut two pieces of white cardstock with snow trim die from Create Winter Die Cut Set, plus one snow mound.
- Trim and glue monoprint to base of card.
- Glue one snow trim at bottom of card and add brown tree trunk then Christmas tree.
- Adhere remaining snow trim and mound to base of tree trunk.
- Stamp sentiment onto card base.