Swirls and flourishes never get their day in the spotlight, but not only their day but whole week has come! A few of us designers are sharing cards that use these delicious stamps in a way that show off the amazing designs.
So here's my wonderful little design. Seriously, I had no idea that this card was going to stun me the way that it did.
I'm working away on samples, as are the rest of the team, for the next catalog (you are NOT going to believe what's coming.....squeeeaaaa!) and I have a piece of monoprint leftover and decided I'd make a new card for my post today.
I removed the static with one of those powder bags and just started stamping! What does one call those little magic powdery bags that isn't the brand name of another company product? Static Remover Sachet? lol Anyway, here's the project and instructions are below.
Visit other blogs posting about the swirls and flourishes theme week. Missed Monday's post on the Stampendous blog? Here it is.
Janelle Stollfus ( you're here)
H315 Penned Friend
P247 Ornate Border Stamp
P127 Fall Tendril Stamp
CP475 Creative Palette Rectangles
VM001 Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko®
DP100 Detail White Embossing Powder
DP020 Detail Clear Embossing Powder
EP221 Peridot PearLustre Embossing Powder
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
Cardstock by Core'dinations®
Satin™ Acrylic Paints by DecoArt®
Rich Cocoa Memento™ Ink by Tsukineko®
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Heat Embossing Tool
- Fold a 4 1/4 x 11-inch color cardstock in half with a finished 4 1/4 x 5 1/2-inch top fold card base. (Or make a side fold card starting with a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch cardstock and folding to a finished 4 1/4 x 5 1/2-inches.). Set aside.
- Create monoprint paper with the Creative Palette Rectangles and acyrlic paint, using catalyst tools (edge of an old gift card, bubble wrap, etc.) to make a design into the paint before printing. Let dry. See Fran's video about the
- Pat monoprint with an anti-static remover pad.
- Stamp Penned Friend with Versamark ink. Heat emboss with Detail White Embossing Powder.
- Stamp Ornate Border with Versamark ink across the bottom of the monoprint. Heat emboss with Detail Clear Embossing Powder.
- Sponge distress in the bottom corners for contrast on the clear embossing.
- Use the anti-static bag over the embossed border stamp.
- Stamp Fall Tendril with Versarmark ink. Heat emboss with Pearlustre Embossing Powder.
- Stamp the top edge of card with other edge of Ornate Border and heat emboss with Peridot Embossing Powder.
- Adhere monoprint to card base.