I'm finally able to post here on my blog. I've been crazy busy with work and the holidays and my other projects that time has just passed me by. Oh and I do believe there was a holiday in there too.
Lydia is hostessing this week's Mix-Ability Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. And her challenge?
I started out with a few twinchies and well, I messed them up and ran out of time to re-do, so I used my leftover monoprint paper and completed this CAS card. I photographed it at night and had horrible problems with directional lighting changing the teal color to green (the close up at the top is more like the real card.)
Here's what I did with this card.
- Make monoprint with acrylic paint. (light color first, then while it's wet crumple it up and straighten it out, then use a second print with darker watery color without pressing the paper completely down)
- Stamp Holly Diamond onto sqaure.
- Color with pencils.
- Dot Opaque white on berries and a few random spots.
- Add random glue pen marks on holly and sprinkle with glitter.
- Glue squares onto card base.
- Stamp Retro Christmas onto the base.
- Stamp small filigree from Yule Diamonds a few times around the sentiment and squares.
Stamps: Yule Diamonds, Retro Christmas (Stampendous)
Paper: Watercolor paper for monoprint paper (Target), Kraft (Hobby Lobby)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), colored pencils (Prismacolor), Black Brush Pen (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Opaque White (Copic), Teal Micro Glitter, Creative Palette (Stampendous), Aqua Glue (Tombow)