Welcome to my blog today with a project for this Christmas Eve Day. The designers at Stampendous are sharing some Inspirational projects this week.
My card today uses the Ribbon Bird and Unto Us stamps as the main focus, but there is so much more on this card that I'll list below.
Last week I shared a card that used "Believe" on it and was meant to share the irony we sometimes fall into in preparing for this holiday. We can get ourselves caught in the worldly use of presents, parties and forget the humble offering that changed the world.
Today's card is my comfort for the true meaning of why my family celebrates Christmas. I hope you enjoy the art of this card.
P237 Ribbon Bird
CRV288 Unto Us
NKSCRS01 Mish Mesh
FRG10C Shaved Ice
FRM10 Blue Mica Fragments
MG14 Ice Blue Micro Glitter
STF082 Versafine Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko®
CP811 Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate
Balsa and White cardstock by Neenah®
Black cardstock by Paper Studio®
Alcohol Markers by Copic® (Y15, Y28, BV000, BV01, B91, B93, B95)
Acrylic Paints by DecoArt® (Snow White, Vintage Pine, Neutral Gray)
Glamour Dust Glitter Paint Turquoise Sparkle by DecoArt®
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Black Thin 3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
- Stamp Ribbon Bird with black ink on white cardstock and color.
- Cut out bird and set aside.
- Measure a small amount of acrylic paints onto palette and sponge to lightly mix.
- Make a print on white paper and cut to card size once dry.
- Stamp dots onto monoprint with Turquoise Sparkle and a cotton swab.
- Sponge white paint onto Mish Mesh stamp and stamp around edges of print, then clean before paint dries on stamp.
- Stack print onto black cardstock and glue to Balsa card base.
- Stamp Unto Us onto print panel. (I didn't do this at this stage and my sentiment was stamped onto slippery Shaved Ice losing part of a word).
- Scribble Zip-Dry glue around the lower edges of the print panel and sprinkle micro glitter, tap off excess.
- Add more glue and adhere Mica Fragments and Shaved Ice shaking off excess.
- Adhere Ribbon Bird onto card with foam squares.
Please see the Stampendous blog for more designer inspirational projects.
Have a joyous and peaceful Christmas everyone. God Bless.