Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Verve in July with mixed media


Happy July everyone! I ended up having the whole week off from my craft room. Most of that time was spent enjoying my family home on stay-cation and a little bit of time flat out on my back with muscle and hip problems. Doesn't something always seem to come up that messes with your vacation? Well, I'm back on my feet and designing again. Yay!

Today's card is for a couple of my favorite challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The Mix-ability challenge and Viva La Verve! Please feel free to join these challenges they are easy and you can do them anytime. Note that if you feel like a chance at winning some shiny new Verve then there is a deadline on the Viva La Verve challenges for all of July's sketches.


My card starts with the versatile sketch by Diva Charmaine. I used the Verve set Take Note from the latest release on cream cardstock to make the envelope and sentiments pinned on cork. It works to change the note by carefully sliding out the dress pin and rearrange the sentiments. Clever isn't it.
The inspiration is from the Mix-Ability hostess Tiffany. I used paper, gesso on the vintage desk top day calendar paper, cork and sequins!

There are a few exciting sales going on with Verve Stamps right now. Here they are if you want to get in on some savings for July.

Christmas in July Birthday Sale
Goody Bags
Mojo Monday 300 Celebration



Details:
Stamps: Take Note (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Sky, Olive and Cream (Wausau), vintage desk top day calendar
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Old Olive (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Sequins (Tree House Crafts), cork, gesso, dress pin

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is such a clever card! Love the mini cork board and the interchangeable sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christine. The sentiment idea was a happy accident. Love it when those happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! That cork element is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!