We've managed to fly through another week of inspiration with May Arts and Stampendous! May Arts carries just about every time of ribbon, cord or what not a crafter could dream about... I guess that's why we all have have a splendid time adorning our projects with them. There have been so many wonderful projects for your inspiration and I can't wait to quickly show you mine so that you can keep moving through the hop!
My frame is from another project that was a sweet lemon meringue yellow color, so I grabbed some Burnt Ochre acrylic paint and darkened it up a bit. I painted Beacon's Fast Finish product over it to seal it and give it a shine. :)
My image is a collage of background stamp, ribbon and colored image. There is a lot of fun techniques here that makes this an inexpensive gift or holiday decor. Let's look at the techniques from the background up:
- Embossed Stampendous Tin Panel Background stamp in Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and Chunky White sprinkled around the edges.
- Three May Arts ribbons across the background with the bottom sweetly tied with a bow, glued with ZipDry glue.
- Stamp on a tail cut ribbon with Stampentous Scripty Blessings stamp using StazOn ink, glued with ZipDry glue.
- Copic Marker colored Stampendous Crowned Angel stamp. Embellished with Crystal Embossing Powder on crown's jewel and star ornament, Fun Flock on angel outfit glued with Fabric-Tac. The whole image is sealed with Fast Finish for a glossy effect (see close up at the beginning of my post). It's then cut out and popped up with foam adhesive dots.
- Drop this into the frame without glazing and it's ready for holiday decorating.
That's it, and now here is the master hop list for those who want to start at the beginning. Have fun and good luck... there are prizes still left to win!
Janelle Stollfus (you are here)
Here's the goodies I used on this project!
(there might be tag links on some of these products, so you can click away.)
Stamps: Tin Panel, Crowned Angel, Scripty Blessings (Stampendous)
Paper: Killarney (Bazzill), Express It (Copic)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Versamark Watermark and Jet Black (Tsukineko), Copic Markers
Accessories: 5 Fabulous May Arts Ribbons, Chunky White Embossing Enamel, Aged Gold Emobssing Enamel, Crystal Clear Embossing Powder and Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous), Fast Finish, Fabric-Tac and Zip Dry (Beacon Adhesives - Offiical Adhesives of TLC's Craft Wars)