Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine Day 1 - I Love You...



If you went on the InStyle Stamps Blog Hop last Friday you have already seen the heart-shaped box I made for my husband that has 14 Days of Valentines in it with a peek inside the box and a treat out of the box.

I thought it would be fun for us all to go through each treat for each day just as he will be...BUT you get to see the yesteryear's photos. I hope these will give you a great inspiration for your own valentines.  Let's have some fun!

DAY 1:

Yesteryear's treat:
Clever Saying: Don't you fret and don't you Snicker; don't let my love for you upset your ticker!
Candy: Snickers

Today's treat:

Clever Saying: I love you...   to pieces. (This saying is a stamp from Verve's Sweet on You set, and I wish there were 14 sayings in that set because I would have loved to use them instead.)
Candy: Reeses Pieces
Tool used:  Stampin' Up Mini Milk Carton Bigz Die

This die will go through my Cuttlebug! Even though the length of the die is longer than the Cuttlebug B Plates, the plates are long enough to cover the diecut area. It takes a strong "nudge" to get it started through the Cuttlebug, but it worked.

Construction: milk carton see-through middle
I wanted the candy to be viewable when the carton was pulled out of the box so, I cut the milk carton measuring from the bottom at 2 3/4", this is the top of the milk carton cut away, then again at 2 3/8" this is the bottom of the carton leaving a sliver 3/8" wide to throw away. I tried using a circle punch (to get to the middle of the side panel it cut too much off the bottom flap and I wanted all four bottom flaps for strength) and I didn't have a nestie small enough (IMHO) to make the cut out. To be continued...

See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janelle, These are both very very cute!!!
    Hugs to you sweetie, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, you rock! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea!! So cute, you are so creative! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!