Happy Friday everyone! Today is our last day of the hop so you Stampendous fans know what that means... giant finale hop list!
If you are just popping in today, this hop started on the Stampendous blog and you may want to pop on over there for details about the hop and that there are PRIZES!!!
And here is the hop list for today:
Janelle Stollfus - you are here!!!
Now for my project today!
This idea was brought to my attention by a tutorial last week on Splitcoaststampers and I just had to try it out! I created a folding 5-1/2 square inch diptych. When it's open it is 5-1/2 x 11 inches plus the binding tape.
Here's how I made it!
Supplies: (Note: I have Amazon Affiliate Links for most products below linked as AZ, but also provide company website links where available.)
- Unexplained (AZ, STM)
- Cling Pretty Poppies (AZ, STM)
- Pretty Poppies Die Set (AZ, STM)
- Script Lines (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Creative Palette Rectangle (AZ)
- Dreamweaver Palette Knife (AZ, STM)
- Stampendous Acrylic Stamp Handles (AZ, STM)
- Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
- Matboard: two 5-1/2 inches square
- Medical Tape
- Various Paintbrushes
- Bubble Wrap
- Mix Media Green Gold paint with Media Modeling Paste and roll it onto Mixed Media White Paper.
- With a paintbrush and Yellow Green Light Paint, create swirls and letter x's randomly around the page.
- Stamp the numbers from the Unxeplained Stamp Set with mixed paint of Sap Green and Titanium White.
- Stamp randomly with bubble wrap using Media Blue Green Light paint as ink. Let dry, then cut to 4-3/4 inches.
- Color another Mixed Media Page with a mop brush and very diluted Pyrole Red and Vermilion.
- Let the paper dry completely, then stamp the Poppies (4) with Versafine Black Onyx and let dry completely.
- Ink up Script Lines with Quinacridone Magenta using a dry brush or sponge and stamp in various places on the petals.
- Cut out flowers using the matching die set, set aside.
- Repeat handmade paper but with Quinacridone Violet and Dioxane Purple. Let dry.
- Paint the flower centers starting around the outside with Dioxane Purple and then a mix 1.5:1:1 of Purple, Cerulean Blue, and Titanium White. When dry add the green dashes with a mix of Green Gold and Titanium White.
- Stamp Have Faith phrase onto homemade paper and trim out.
- Paint Green Gold around edges, front and back, of matboard.
- Create your own washi tape with medical tape and green Media paints by smudging two greens with finger, and then stamp Poppies Leaf image onto the tape.
- Adhere the two matboards pieces together with a small gap between boards.
- Glue down Green Gold backgrounds to the inside of the panel board.
- Sprinkly diluted Titanium White around both pages and let dry. Repeat with Carbon Black paint.
- Paint around edges of the homemade paper with white paint and then again with Liner brush and Carbon Black paint.
- Glue down three flowers in opposite corners of open canvas panel, then add purple paper and cut phrase.
- Trace around phrases with black paint and Liner brush.
- Repeat appropriate steps for the background on the front of the canvas adding another phrase from the Unexplained Stamp Set.
That's it, I think! If you have any questions just add them in a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.