Hey there everyone! I'm so excited to have you here today for day one of an enormously fun week of mixed media with Stampendous and DecoArt.
The short details? Both design teams are going to be hopping with projects using new products from both companies that I have no doubt will get you excited to create projects of your own. Comment on participating blog posts for an entry to one of three HUGE prize packages.
Here is the hop list for Monday. Start at the beginning for all the hop details and prize information, then keep hopping for tons of inspiration today!
Janelle Stollfus - you are here!
I created this to look like a rusted brush metal box with a special chain clasp opening and it was really a big learning experience for me. A great learning experience for me.
I'm so glad I took the time to watch videos with Andy Skinner that can be found at Stampendous and DecoArt YouTube channels plus various videos of Andy demonstrating these products, like on the HochandaTV Shopping channel. He always shares new techniques with the stamps and paints! Unfortunately, they are available only for a limited time and then gone, sorry I don't have any links for you.
Supplies: (Note: I have Amazon Affiliate Links for most products below linked as AZ, but also provide company website links where available.)
ASCRS07 Handle With Care (AZ, STM)
Vintage Blue Embossing Enamel (STM)
Aged Green Embossing Enamel (AZ, STM)
Sterling Silver Embossing Enamel (AZ, STM)
Clear Embossing Enamel (AZ, STM)
Seasonings Embossing Enamel (AZ, STM)
STF082 Versafine Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
VM01 Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
SSH57 Jumbo Acrylic Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)
EPA50 Heat Embossing Tool (AZ, STM)
Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Box, Square (AZ, Sizzix)
Tando Creative Arches - Straight Edged Small (Tando)
DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylic Paints - Carbon Black, Silver, Quinacridone Gold, Dioxazine Purple, Diarylide Yellow, Titanium White (AZ links on paint color, DecoArt)
DecoArt Media® Antiquing Cream by DecoArt® - Patina Green (AZ, DecoArt)
DecoArt Media® Misters - Carbon Black, Shimmer White (AZ, DecoArt)
DecoArt Media® Liquid Glass (AZ, DecoArt)
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
Antique Copper Metal Bead Chain and Connector, Brad and Metal Loop by Creative Impressions (company website)
Wood Disks or Beads (4)
- Make a box that opens using matboard and box die or use a found box.
- Use hole punch to make enough circles from thin chipboard to use as nails on wood disks or large beads (8 per disk were used shown above) and glue onto disks.
- Paint the following pieces with black then silver paint when dry; box, small arch frame chipboard, sheet of chipboard and the four wood disks or beads.
- Paint Quinacridone Gold around corners of box, arch frame and on wood disks where rusting may occur naturally. When dry paint a few spots with Patina Green Antiquing Cream.
- Ink dripped heart stamp from Handle With Care with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto front and sides of the box. Emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Repeat step 5 with eye stamp onto top of box lid.
- Ink barbed wire with watermark ink onto sides of box and emboss with Seasonings Embossing Enamel.
- Apply Liquid Glass at each corner on the front of the box, let stand for 15 minutes and while the surface is slightly tacky gently repeat painting step 2 and step 4 with small round brush.
- Paint center of arch from top to bottom with Titanium White, Diarylide Yellow and Doxazine Purple.
- Mist lace with Carbon Black and a few squirts of Shimmer White Misters, let dry, then glue to the back of the arch window. Leaving lace larger than arch snip with scissors for fringe.
- Glue arch window and center of arch together and glue onto box front.
- Hole punch in the center of the lid flap, add glue and adhere metal loop securing with metal brad. Add a pull to metal loop with the bead chain and connector.
- Ink Handle With Care stamp with Versafine black ink onto a painted chipboard that is cut for the size of the stamp, emboss with clear embossing powder. Repeat step 8 on the front of this embossed chipboard. Glue on box lid above embossed eye stamp.
- Make a mixture of embossing powders that resemble the color of patina green with Ice Blue Embossing Enamel, Aged Green Embossing Enamel and Sterling Silver Embossing Enamel.
- Stamp winged heart with watermark ink onto painted chipboard and heat set with patina green embossing mix. Cut out wings.
- Stamp winged heart again with Versafine Black Onyx ink onto Mixed Media White Paper and paint heart with a mix of Titanium White and Phthalo Blue Green. Stamp over painted area again with black onyx ink. Cut out heart.
- Add wings and heart to the center of the arch window on front of the box.