Hi, folks! It's Monday and around here the air is getting colder and I'm personally hoping for snow! While I wait I have a great little penguin to share with you today from the Stampendous set Winter Friends.
Isn't he the cutest ever! He has two other wintry friends, an owl and a snowman, that share cute hats and icons for a fun exchange of gifts!
This little card came together quickly with a handmade pattern paper using the free template included in the stamp set. It's snowflakes!!!!! If you want to know more information about the card just keep scrolling down the post, but I wanted to tell you that you can find more inspiration over on the Stampendous blog! Be sure to stop by there.
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used for Amazon (AZ) at no cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- Winter Friends Cling Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- Winter Friends Die Cuts (AZ, STM)
- Spoonful of Snow Embossing Plus Kit (AZ, STM)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Large Perfectly Clear Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)
- Wagner HT 400 Embossing Heat Tool (AZ, STM)
- My Colors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye - Pimento, Madras Blue, Ocean Side (company website)
- Colorbox Ink Pads by Clearsnap® - Scarlet, Royal Blue, and Robin's Egg ( AZ links) (company website)
- Sketch™ Markers by Copic® - B01, B60, B63, B66, BV20, C00, C1, C2, C4, C5, C7, C9, R14, R22, R24, R29, G0000, G000, YR24, V91
- Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
- 3D Foam Adhesives Squares (AZ, EH)
- Ribbon by May Arts (AZ, company website)
- Corner Chompers by We R Memory Keepers - 3/8 and 1/2 inch corners
- Sponge or dauber (AZ - cut into smaller pieces, EH)
- Glue down Madras Blue and Ocean Side paper onto white card base. Set aside.
- Tape the snowflake template onto Mixed Media White paper and sponge Robin's Egg ink through the entire template. Repeat with Royal Blue after repositioning template. Add Scarlet dots around to fill out pattern.
- Trim to size and round corners on one side.
- Sprinkle Spoonful of Snow along edges and rounded corners, then heat from the back.
- Cut a piece of Scarlet cardstock larger than pattern paper and round corners to match pattern paper.
- Stamp penguin, present and extra arms with black ink onto Mixed Media White Paper and color.
- Cut out colored images with matching dies, add the present with foam adhesive and the extra arms glued to the main image on each side.
- Glue penguin onto embossed layers.
- Tie a bow around top and glue down to card base.