Hello and a wonderful Wednesday to all! This week Stampendous is sharing all things stencils. They have some pretty amazing metal stencils and even more a new idea in stenciling with Stencil Duos.
I decided to challenge myself to go outside of the box with my Decorated Tree Stencil Duo Set and even include stencils from the other sets as well. I've very tickled about the outcome!
Let me show you what I made with a few step out photos.
- I cut a piece of watercolor paper the size needed and slightly smaller than the card base, for this project it was 4 x 5-1/4 inches, and taped it down around all edges. (not shown)
- Tape the open tree stencil down and with my Zig Art & Graphic Twin Markers made sweeps of Emerald Green and Light Green color. Not shown. Remove the stencil and watercolor with Pentel Aquash Water Pen. Let dry or use an Embossing Heat Tool for a quick dry.
- Tape the patterned stencil over the tree and with markers brush different circles with color only in the bottom left side. Not shown, remove stencil and watercolor ornaments into a complete circle.
- Repeat with a star at the top of the tree using Yellow and Light Brown.
- Use parallel lines on the patterned stencil to make the tree trunk with Beige and Mid Brown markers.
- Trace tree, star and trunk onto copy paper and trim out. Lay the pieces down over the watercolor elements.
- Stencil Titanium White paint with a sponge or dauber around the tree using the patterned stencil from Snug Bird Duo and let dry.
- Apply Persian Blue marker ink onto a plastic palette (Tip: I use a laminated white copy paper) and spray with water to dilute, then use brush water pen to color over the white paint sky leaving an inch or so at the bottom unpainted for a snow drift. Let dry.
- Use the bumps and lines of the patterned stencil to trace a snow drift at the foot of the tree with Dawn Gray marker. Remove stencil and watercolor.
- Add it to a card base and send it off in the mail for the holidays.
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used for Amazon (AZ) at no cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- 90 lb. Watercolor Paper (AZ, Blick)
- My Colors Yellow Corn and Winter Lake Cardstock (company website links)
- Zig Art & Graphic Twin Marker (AZ, Blick) - Yellow, Light Brown, Light Carmine, Carmine, Light Green, Emerald Green, Orange, Violet, Purple, Turquoise Green, Persian Blue, Beige, Mid Brown, Dawn Gray)
- Decoart Media® Fluid Acrylic Paint - Titanium White (AZ)
- Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush, Medium Fine (AZ, EH)
- Perfect Paper Crafting Mini Layers Tools (AZ)
Disclaimer: Stampendous supplies products for catalog promotional purposes, however I still choose the products I use for projects because I honestly like them.