So glad you stopped in today for a little bit of challenge. I'm hosting the Mix-Ability Challenge this week and thought it would be great to use the Halloween theme to spark creativity.
|MIX196: I Spooked Too Soon|
The project doesn't have to be Halloween theme, but today this card is also a part of the Stampendous 31 Days of Halloween.
I'll leave you with the supplies and instructions so you can either jump in on the challenge or hop on over to see more of the 31 Days of Halloween on the Stampendous blog.
Supplies:Costume Stack Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
Bare Trees Stencil
1/4" Brush #6 Gold Handle
Detail White Embossing Powder
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Versamark Watermark Ink
Mixed Media White Paper
Acrylic Stamp Handle
Embossing Heat Tool
Plus:Halloween Haunts (Retired - Stampendous)
Kraft, Black, Wine Cardstock
Sketch Markers by Copic® (B23, B24, B25, B29, E81, E84, N2, N4, N6, RV19, RV66, RV69, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG09, YG23, YR02,YR04, YR09)
Razzberry, Chianti Pigment Inks (Colorbox, ClearSnap)
PaintBox (Colorbox, ClearSnap)
Media Fluid Acrylics Titanium White, Prussian Blue Hue (DecoArt)
3D Black Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives)
Mini Layers Tool by Perfect Paper Crafting
- Fold kraft cardstock in half for a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch card base.
- Tape down the Bare Trees stencil onto black cardstock and stencil Titanium White paint around the top, Prussian Blue Hue at the bottom, clean the brush and finish with blue pigment from an old Colorbox Chalk Paint Box Set.
- The stencil still in place splatter watery white paint around the top half of cardstock, remove and clean stencil immediately, then dab up excess paint if desired.
- Once dry adhere to wine cardstock and trim with a 1/16-inch edge of Mini Layers Tool then adhere to kraft card base.
- Stamp from Costume Stack the little creature as desired and color.Stamp one extra hand and color.
- Trim out all pieces and adhere to card base with tape runner or foam adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on white paper with watermark ink and heat emboss with white powder.
- Sponge Razzberry and Chianti around the sentiment and quickly wipe away ink on embossed words. Optionally use colored pencils to darken across the bottom for an ombre effect.
- Trim sentiment and adhere with foam adhesive.