Welcome back and on a Monday with some pretty spooky happenings going on. Stampendous is posting for 31 Days of Halloween and it's my day for a fresh and freaked out creation!
Here is how I made this scary fright.
Colorbox Pigment Ink Pad by Clearsnap® - Surf, Lemon Grass, Iris, Wild Hare, Jade/Emerald
Colorbox Archival Ink Pad by Clearsnap® - Wicked Black
Sketch Markers by Copic® (BV000, BV02, BV04, BV08, E81, V93, YG01, YG21, YG23, Y18, Y36, YR14, N8)
Black 3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Airbrush Tool - optional
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches.
- Using sponges for each color, rub ink around on the entire piece of paper. (Lemon Grass, Iris, and Jade/Emerald)
- Optionally sprinkle rubbing alcohol over ink and dab up the excess. Trim to 4 x 5-1/4 inches.
- Stamp Who Am I with black ink and color. Trim around the image and use a dark colored marker to color around the cut edge.
- Place image down onto background and pencil in a shadow.
- Cover background paper with masking or tracing paper and trace the lines.
- Cut out the shape of the shadow using a craft knife and cutting mat. Make sure to cut in one line and not go past a corner, it will show up when airbrushing the shadow. Save the shadow shape for later.
- Use the edge of a scrap piece of paper to sponge a gray ink floor line across the lower edge the penciled shadow. Remove scrap paper.
- Tape down background paper and the outer tracing paper with the shadow as a stencil.
- Use an airbrush tool to make the shadow, starting the spray on the mask and towards the open shape.
- Remove mask and cover the shadow with tracing paper shape . Stamp candy from Tricky Words with black ink on the sponged floor line and color in the candy with a dark colored marker or pen. Make a dashed line with a black pen across the floor line for definition.
- Adhere to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch kraft cardstock base.
- Stamp sentiment from Tricky Words with black archival ink onto the background paper.
- Stamp candy on white cardstock and color.
- Trim out candy and adhere with a piece of foam square to fit the small candy piece.
- Adhere Who Am I with 3D Foam Squares
My poor freaked out creature lost his candy getting so scared by his shadow. Hahaha. Thank you for stopping by to see my card today! Head on over to the Stampendous blog for all the details on the 31 Days of Halloween and the new prize package this week!