Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, September 23, 2016

Baking Up Some Goodies


Happy Friday everyone!

Today Stampendous is wrapping up a week of gingerbread goodness. Stop by the Stampendous blog today for more information and links to other projects.

I've got a couple of yummy projects to share today, plus more details on a few that you might have seen on the Stampendous blog this week. That means a LONG post today.


When I saw the Gingerbread Baker Clear Stamp and Die Set it totally reminded me of Christmas gingerbread houses and the enthusiasm of my kids. When I went looking for a photo, I couldn't believe the perfect photo was smiling back at me.

The background paper was made with the negative paper after die cutting pieces. I sponged with Colorbox Classic Pigment Ink Pads, stamped the squiggly border pattern and a snowflake from the Winter Stack PCS Set. The blue color background was sponged with PanPastels, even a little more brown added on the men with a cotton swab and then colored pencils were used to add some drop shadows to the men. This wasn't easy, being that it takes me days to get started, days to find a photo (I know that I do this backward) and then somehow I arrive at the cluster elements is a miracle! LOL


As you can see I love that this set brought up some sweet memories, plus it's a lot less calories to make gingerbread cookies on paper than in the oven because trust me. That gift package is all that's left of the soft gingerbread cookies I made last Sunday.

I added a stamped squiggly border pattern to the outside of the bag with StazOn ink and repeat them on the other side. The rest of this tag is pretty straight forward, but if you have any questions just ask and I'll give you a reply while my memory is fresh.

Now if you wanted to know more about some of my projects you may have seen in one of Stampendous' posts, just continue scrolling on down to the end of my post. If not, remember to jump over to the Stampendous blog for more inspiration.


I made a sweet comfy sweater for the baker die cut on this holiday card. I suppose I could have also made a pair of trouser's too, hindsight is always better isn't it.

Tips for the sweater:
  • Run sticky notes over the gingerbread man die through the die cutting machine for a mask.
  • Cut the mask for sleeve cuffs, waistline, and neckline. Set the leftover on the side to be used as a mask for sponging ink onto the gingerbread man.
  • Use removable or two-way glue to hold the non-sticky pieces in place.
Here are some other supplies I used on this project.







This cute jumper has stenciled face features instead of the oh so adorable stamp one in the set, but it won't be easy unless you prep your gingerbread shape first.

Tips:
  • Use a pencil and ruler to make a vertical guideline down the center of the shape.
  • Make small horizontal marks on each side of the horizontal line for the eyes.
  • Along the horizontal line make marks for the mouth and each button you want down the torso.
  • Erase the pencil lines after using the stencil with a black ink pen to create the face and torso details. Wait until the ink is dry or it will smear.
  • Make the stenciled shapes have more dimension by slightly shifting the stencil and repeating a portion of the shape.
 Here are some other supplies I used on this project.






Here's that sweet tag without the gingerbread man. That makes this gift tag for any season and anyone you know that has a love for cooking or baking.


That's it! One last plug for the theme this week! Of course, each of these projects used this featured product.
Gingerbread Baker Clear Stamps and Die Set

Thank you for stopping by!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. These are all fantastic!! You have really been busy with this set and are that much closer to getting your Christmas project list done!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS..... All of your projects are just frickin' fantastic!!!! I just love your layout!!! So cute!! Your treat bag is way too sweet!!! Your cards are just adorable and so is your tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little bakers scrapbook page. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweater and the girl jumping rope.
    So many cute projects.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!