Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, November 20, 2015

Wobbly Santa Week Meets A Challenge


Today's post is loaded with a match up of a mixed media challenge, special tools and a holiday theme. It's a new challenge over on Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability forum and I'm hosting! I would love for you to join us, it's any easy-peasy challenge!


My teamies and I at Stampendous have played all week with these fun Action Wobble springs that were generous sent to us by Action Wobble, Inc. and even though the theme week is at it's end we are hooked on springing our projects in the future.

For my card today I have a little squeaky, but steady helper for Santa that is balancing a load of presents that are sure to have a fun twist with a spring attached. Of course I've added one!


Supplies:

Stampendous:
HM235 Gifts Galore
SSC1231 Holiday Expressions Perfectly Clear Stamps Set
VM01 Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko®

Plus:
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics®
Watercolor paper by Strathmore®
Watercolor markers by Winsor and Newton
Gesso by DecoArt®
Spatter brush by Kemper®
Glue
Aqua brush or paintbrush
Water

Instructions:

  1. Fold color cardstock in half for a finished 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
  2. Stamp Gifts Galore with black ink onto watercolor paper and watercolor.
  3. Once dry, trim around mouse and presents with precision scissors or craft knife.
  4. Trace around the bottom of the mouse's foot and tail on second piece of watercolor paper.
  5. Color sky above and shadow below foot and tail. Let dry completely.
  6. Add a small amount of water to gesso on a plastic tray or plate and mix. Roll spatter brush in gesso mixture and apply to background paper. Let dry
  7. Stamp sentiment onto bottom of watercolor background and adhere to card base.
  8. Remove carrier paper from one side of spring and place onto back of stamped image.
  9. Remove carrier paper from other side of spring and align mouse's foot and tail with shadow before pressing the adhesive on spring down onto card base.

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. GREAT CARD! I love when a card makes you smile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so incredibly cute! I love it and it made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, I loved being able to see that in action. This is the perfect card for the wobbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE card - LOVE your ADORABLE little mouse with his MOUNTAIN of gifts, LOVE your colouring, LOVE your COOL wobbler action too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Looks like he has his hands full of lots of goodies!!! Hope the packages are filled with Stampendous goodies!! LOL TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!