Today your have come to my blog for two wonderful blog hops! Yea! The Spellbinders' Summer Road Trip Partner Hop is today and Stampendous is one of the featured companies of the day!
There are prizes available at Spellbinders for commenting each day using the partner company giveaway link (Stampendous has one today on their blog)... and there are prizes on the Stampendous blog for commenting each day. Please take a look at their official rules and deadlines for Spellbinders and Stampendous.
If you came from Laura Drahozal's blog you are in the right spot and when you finish here you'll move on to Lea Kimmel's blog. Full link list is on the Stampendous blog.
Another company that we know and love, also hopping with Spellbinders, is our second hop. We couldn't make things as beautiful without some fantastic ribbon from May Art Ribbon.
Oh yes, prizes are available with our summertime ribbon hop by commenting on the Stampendous blog and each designers blog each day. Check out the Stampendous blog for details.
You can make a short hop through the May Arts hop today as Asia King and I are sharing some of our grand ribboned projects. If you want to hop from the beginning you can start on The Stampendous blog.
This week we are have a road trip summertime by the sea theme! That couldn't have come together more smoothly by all three companies involved, right? So I started out my project with that in mind and here's how I made it.
Shady Allure 3D Embossing Folder by Spellbinders
Bitty Blossoms Die Set by Spellbinders
Cardstock by Core'dinations
Acrylic Paint by DecoArt
Slit punch or Die
- Create a top folding card by folding 7 x 9 inch cardstock in half for a finished size of 7 x 5 inches. Fold one side in half for a stand up card.
- Using a slit punch or die, create a latch on the base of the card to help your card stand up.
- Stamp Seashell Jar onto tan cardstock and color with pastels and spray with fixative.
- Emboss brown cardstock with Shady Allure 3D Embossing Folder and color with pastels. Glue to card base.
- Stamp Wired image around the edges of the embossed layer using DecoArt paint and sponge applicator as well as the inside of the card.
- Create a monoprint with red paint on the Creative Palette and when dry die cut out with Bitty Blossom set. Roll up from the outside of the petal spiral to the inside and glue on center tab.
- Tie bow across bottom of card front and adhere Seashell Jar onto card.
- Glue Bitty Blossoms onto card front.
- Stampendous Near the Sea sentiment onto white cardstock and distress with chalks. Cut into a banner with tails and glue onto card base.
- Use pastels on the inside of the card and seal with fixative.
Thank you for stopping by today!