Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, June 19, 2015

Verve Stamps Friday Spotlight and Release Day


It's release day at Verve and we're celebrating with Day 5 of our June 2015 Spotlight Hops!  Have you enjoyed the spotlights we've been sharing this week? Well, the wait is over and everything previewed this week is available in the Verve online store now!



If you've been hopping already today you just came from Maureen's blog and in the right spot! If you want to start at the beginning, scroll down to the bottom and find the full hop list to start at the beginning, middle or end. It will be beautiful and inspiring no matter where you are on the hop. :)

Today's spotlight is shining on The Sparkly Dreams set illustrated by Julee Tilman, as well as the Butterfly Dreams Die Set and the Flourished Tag Die Set.


Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!

Sparkly DreamsButterfly Dreams Die Set
Flourished Tag Die Set


Today's spotlight is stellar Verve, I mean this is what I dream about when I think of Verve Stamps. Gorgeous sentiments that are meaningful and thoughtful, the butterfly is traditional. So with all those goodies, but oodles of more Verve from my stash I made this card.

I seem to have slipped away from buying pattern paper, I still have gobs of it on the shelf, but only because I love making artsy prints. I started with DecoArt Lavender Fields and Sapphire paint, my Creative Palette and a brayer. I live in a dry state so I always add Liquitex Slo-Dri or DecoArt Extender & Blending Medium. All those together in the right order, plus some found objects or artsy stamps make a great design for background paper. I hardly ever use my sewing machine and for nostalgic reasons I brought out the machine and thread. I could have easily drawn or doodles a border, too. Before I glued that down onto the plum cardstock I tied a bow with Sugar Seam Binding ribbon from Verve.

I stamped my butterflies and sentiment from Sparkly Dreams Stamp Set on white mixed media paper with Versafine ink and then colored the butterflies with watercolor brush pens before cutting them out with coordinating Butterfly Dreams dies.

The stamp set name made me do it. I needed to add some sparkle so I used my Pink Sparkle Sequins Mix in just a few special spots around the card. And that's how I made my release day card!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments that have come across my in-box. I do really enjoy having you stop in for the hop this week. Have an amazing day and we'll see you again tomorrow!

Now it's time to stop by Shantaie's blog for some final Verve goodness.

Day 4 Hop List
1. Julee6. Marisa
2. Stacey7. Charmaine
3. Teresa8. Maureen
4. Amber9. Janelle
5. Laurie10. Shantaie


Details:
Stamps: Sparkly Dreams (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper (Stampendous), colored cardstock (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine, Tsukineko), Watercolor Brush Pens (Akashiya Sai)
Accessories: Butterfly Dreams Die Set (A Cut Above, Verve),  Sugar ribbon (Signature Ribbon Collection, Verve), Pink Sparkle Sequins Mix (Verve), sewing machine, Creative Palette (Stampendous), acrylic paint (DecoArt)


Pin It

37 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card in those awesome colors. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote. I love your combination of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, love your background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is gorgeous. The DP you created is so beautiful (love the colours too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design! Your background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous! I love the background you created and the pretty color palette!!! So very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background to make a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that wonderful background and the stitching, such a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is a beauty! The bokeh background and stitching make it so wonderful! Love this set with its meaningful quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card!! love the background.. the butterflies are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is beautiful! No wonder you don't need patterned paper--you can make your own and it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I love your artsy background, and the colored highlighting on the butterflies is just perfection! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely! I always enjoy your designs Janelle! This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is gorgeous! The background and the colors are amazing! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful background for these butterflies and quote.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous background and love how you coloured the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the lavenders and purples in this card! Butterflies are really cute too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty background. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sparkly Dreams is my favorite so far. I have lots of patterned paper sitting around too, I suppose I should give it away but I can't part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very pretty! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the refreshing cool blue background with the perky polka dots. The butterflies help to make a perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how this card is small but mighty. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful!! Love the colors you used (all my favorites) and your background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooo How pretty! Love those gorgeous butterflies and yummy colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty! Love your background! These butterflies are gorgeous! Beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your background is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful! Love your colors & Layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your hand made background paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an amazing card. I love the colors and homemade background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  30. gorgeous background...love the look and the pretty butterfly image.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the colors and beautiful background. Contrasting light and dark plus sequins make this card POP!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE your card - it's just beautiful. Love the background and the coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the close up photo, great background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!