It's a wrap on the theme week for Stampendous' Home Sweet Home and I pulled this fun little treat box together because I just needed to get it out of my head!
I saw this gable box die at a local scrapbook store in The Dalles called Urban Paper (THE SWEETEST owner, Jill, has such a fun shop) last weekend and knowing what this week's theme was I really wanted to create a welcome home box. You know, one that you could quickly put together as a gift for a new neighbor or even someone from your own family, especially when you don't have time to run out and grab something?
It has a few houses with the lights out on it, but there is ONE that has all the lights on waiting to welcome you home. It's also sporting a popped up elevation for MariLynn's challenge on the Mix-Ability challenge this week, MIX110: Pop It Up!
Here are the instructions to create this sweet little box.
SSC1219 Family Home
STF082 Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko®
CP811 Creative Palette MonoPrinting Plate
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
Cardstock by Wausau®
Acrylic Paints by DecoArt®
Prismacolor™ Color Pencils
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives®
PITT Artist India Ink Black Pen by Faber-Castell®
Thin 3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Treat Box by Sizzix
- Create a box using instructions from the treat box packaging. Keep flatten.
- Stamp house duo from Family Home set with Onyx Black ink onto long panel side of box.
- Color in larger house with black pen.
- Color sky with colored pencils and smooth with odorless mineral spirits or leave as is.
- Stamp houses onto premade monoprint paper and trim out. Separate the two houses and glue one down with foam squares, the other with liquid glue.
- Stamp sentiment and frame with monoprint paper scrap. Glue onto front of treat box.
- Fold up box and tie ribbon through top of box.
Thank you for stopping by! Check out a few more projects on the Stampendous blog and join the mixers for some Pop It Up fun this week in the newest Mix-Ability challenge.