Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, June 14, 2013

Crafty Triple Challenge Friday


I'm having fun with THREE challenges today. It's not very often that I pull that off but it was easy!

Challenge theme: Puddles of Colour
Inspired by Diva Jen's amazing coloring skills and my mixed media craziness! Click the blinkie to go see the details!

Week 3 Sketch and Inspiration Photo with Diva Teresa
That means you have two options for the challenge this week. Click the image above to get to the details.

and

ACK! Black

Okay, here is my take on all of these fabby challenges.


It's been a while since I've created some background paper just for fun, so I started with the intention of trying something new. I spread a layer of yellow ochre on wet watercolor paper and then smashed a plastic bag all over it to get texture. It was fun! lol Thanks Dini, for the idea.

The MIX20 challenge is to use Black, AACKKKK! I added the emphasis there at the end. Sometimes we think black is bold and heavy, but if you use it lightly with a pencil, watercolor, watered acrylics or chalks, it can be the easiest way to add shadow and dimension. So check out these flowers on my card up close.


I shaded them with pencil. Technically they are graphite pencils, but a no. 2 pencil will work just the same. I even wiggled the pencil around the bottom left of the flowers onto the frame layer so it would look like a shadow. 


Even a little penciling around the stamped frame can add dimension or maybe a shadow. It's a fun way to add contrast and dimension to any project.

Go have some fun!

Details:
Stamps: Let it Be, On Occasion and Take Note (Verve Stamps)
Paper: watercolor paper (Fluid), text book page (from book in $1 bin at Michaels), So Saffron (Stampin' Up), black scrap, kraft (Wausau)
Ink: Jet Black (Archival, Ranger), graphite pencils, black pen (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Occasion Frame die (A Cut Above, Verve), Sky Blue ribbon (Summer Sailing Ribbon Collection, Verve), paper doily, bubble wrap, acrylic paint, sponge and brushes, stencils (paper doily and Crafter's Workshop - punchinella)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! That background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to see what you do on the mixed media side, Janelle :) Great BG and I can see why this form is so therapeutic - so much fun smashing and finger painting LOL! Great touches on the card and a fabulous use of the frame and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv this Janelle, your work is so inspiring!

    hugs *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!