Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, May 27, 2013

May Diva Dare with Verve Stamps


Verve's May Diva Dare is winding down and I'm honored to be posting today on the US holiday of Memorial Day. Thank you for all those who have served our country and those who are continuing to serve today.

The details for the Diva Dare are over on the Verve Stamps blog! If you have some time today go see all the wonderful samples from the rest of the Release Team Divas on the side bar.



A CAS card for Laurie Willison's style. I started with the card below and had some extra paints so I made up this card. I added the texture by painting a scrap piece of cardboard for the stripes and then good ol' bubble wrap for the dots.


For this card, I started with a full sheet of kraft cardstock and in three sections I brushed on white paint then with bubble wrap and corrugate board stamped red and blue paint. I used the Banner Bundle Set to cut out the red and blue banners, but when it came to the white painted kraft I stamped a sentiment from Let It Be on first before cutting out with the banner die. Because the sentiment was longer than the largest die I let the top edge of the die hang off the edge of my cutting plate and trimmed the rest with scissors.

I stagger-layered the banners using the star trim die from the Scalloped Trim Trio Set as a guide for the width and then before putting them all down straight stitched across the scallop trim for embellishment. The background is glued crumpled tissue paper onto dark blue cardstock and stitched around the edges. I did some sponge distressing and then adhered it to the kraft card base. Added my banner collage to the base with foam dots and glued some random stars cut with the Starry die.

Hope all those in the US have a sweet day, however you choose to spend it.

Details:
Stamps:  Let It Be (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Kraft (Hobby Lobby), white (Neenah), white tissue paper, blue cardstock
Ink: Jet Black (Archival, Ranger), Antiqued White (Ranger)
Accessories:   Scalloped Trim Trio SetBanner Bundle Set and  Starry die (A Cut Above, Verve Stamps), cardboard scrap, bubble wrap, sewing machine
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!! Love the CAS card and shape you sed and the second one is full of all sorts of wonderful surpirses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle~
    Love how your cards turned out. TFS.
    D~ dmcardmaker (AOL)
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great elements used to create this card!!!!! Had to pin for future crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your cards. I'm a bit bummed out though to see that you used bubble wrap in your paint. We recently moved and I have some bubble wrap laying around. I've been eying it and thinking I would use it in a similar way. I thought it would be such an original idea that everyone would love it. Alas, you have beaten me to the punch. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card and this stamp set and i was wondering if you would consider selling the Let It Be, verve stamp set or know where i can find it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana, I'm sorry I didn't get a notice you left this message. I currently am not letting go of all my precious Verve Stamps, but I'll find a way to let you know if I or someone I know decides to part with the Let It Be set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!