Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Love Deepens - M is for Mom - Spotlight Day 3


Today's stamp set sneaky peek is the black dress, IMHO, of this release. You'll know what I mean when you come to the release party on Friday night (April 15th, 9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain, 6PM Pacific, 3PM Hawaii) and see it for yourself. {wink}


I used two stamps out of the Love Deepens set for my split sentiment and that muslin fabric flower is made with the Floral Circles dies (about 3 of each size in the set), the leaves are from the Bloom and Grow set that was on spotlight yesterday.








1. Tosh 8. Janelle
2. Teresa 9. Jackie
3. Maureen 10. Charmaine
4. Laurie 11. Andrea
5. Julee 12. Amber
6. Cresta 13. Melissa
7. Sankari 14. Amy

TODAY'S PRIZE:
Love Deepens, Proverbs 31:28 Plain Jane and Elegant Leaves Die






How'd she make that?  I made the letter out of regular cardstock that was first run through the Stampin' Up paper crimper and then cut out with an adhesived sprayed letter template off of my computer. The rest was just a matter of measuring twice and folding and gluing once... well maybe I measured once and folded then measured again and folded a new strip of paper... you get the idea. I sponge distressed the edges and then sloppily added white primer gesso. It dried surprisingly fast so the decorating could happen within minutes! The muslin fabric flower was die cut from the Floral Circles Die a few times and then pierced through all the layers to push through a brad. I pulled out the craft ink spot in Cameo Coral and brushed directly onto the edges of fabric. To get it to stay "fluffed" up I squirted hot glue in a few spots and let it cool before letting go of the fabric on top of it. This explains the random post about glue gun labels from last week.

Stamps: Love Deepens (Verve), Bloom and Grow (Verve)
Paper: Crumb Cake (Stampin’ Up), Cream (Wausau), tissue paper (Verve – packaging), Blue (unknown)
Ink: Mellow Moss (Stampin’ Up), Cameo Coral (Stampin’ Up), Antique Linen (Ranger Ink), Tea Dye (Ranger Ink), Vintage Photo (Ranger Ink)
Accessories: Elegant Leaves Die, Floral Circles Die, Charming Banners Die and Charming Oval Die (Verve), Tattered Florals Die (Sissix – Tim Holtz), Paper Crimper (Stampin’ Up), gesso primer (Daler-Rowney), glitter brads (We R Memory Makers)

63 comments:

  1. WOW! This is amazing Janelle! That muslin flower is to DIE for! I am going to HAVE to give that a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing creation! love the soft colours you chose for your project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 3-D projects! Great job, love the Crimped paper with all the texture and all the dies for the flowers and leaves. Spot on wonderful job! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this project! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love your M! It is so cool with the corrugated board and the sentiment and flower! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous project! I love the vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use the new stamps!! Love you 'M'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so creative and oh SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome project, Janelle! Love the shabby look! And the fabric flower is such fun! I'm SO going to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janelle- this is wonderful!! You need to give us a more detailed tut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this - you have truly mastered the shabby chic style Janelle! Love the look of corrugated cardboard contrasted with the elegance of the flowers, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning project. Great use of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea - thanks for sharing the details of how you made this. Lovely. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, and what a great, creative gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh...I just got an "M" from the dollar store the other day. You've got me thinking now :) Beautifully done project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how cool! Love a 3-D project, yours is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clever, clever, clever!!! Your project really makes the hop... well, POP!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very sweet loved how this stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very lovely project. Thanks for sharing the details of how you did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOw absolutely and utterly gorgeous and beautiful! I LOVE this 3D project and gorgeous piece of art that you created - how amazing!!!
    Hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing! I love this fabulous pirce of art-it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so amazing, Janelle! Every time I see a project from you I just want to drop everything and stamp. You're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great project and I love that muslin flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh, my goodness. This is so over the top fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great project and so creative.
    God bless,
    PeggyS

    ReplyDelete
  27. This turned out so beautiful Janelle! I love the soft colors you used! A great tribute to Mom's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Janelle, this is beautiful! Love your flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is gorgeous!! I love how the letters look like they are corrugated cardboard...even though they aren't!! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous and sweet project Janelle!! Love the crimped letter with the stunning flower and ink distressing!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, what a gorgeous project. Love everything about it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful project! A lot of thought and time went into this !

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! Now I know I have to get a crimper! Your flowers are adorable and the leaves are a perfect match to complete the look. Did I mention that I LOVE this?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  34. what a clever project - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great gift idea--I like the muslin flower.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fabulous project, Janelle...you are so wonderfully creative! Love the colors and textures. This is a marvelous tribute to mom! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the project, and am dieing to try it myself. Looks like so much fun, gluing, and painting, and crimping and stamping. I want to make a whole bunch of letters. But, most of all, what mom wouldn't love this tribute?

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a splendid take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Holy moly, this project is drop dead gorgeous! LOVE that distressed letter as the base of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So, so pretty! What a beautiful decor item!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great project- it would be the perfect Mother's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great project....very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  44. How beautiful Janelle.
    TFS!
    Rachelle
    joyfulhrtatgmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome 3-D project....I am loving what you have done with this.... what a great gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Janelle, beautiful. This creative letter "M" is just beautiful. thanks for the hot glue 'stiffener" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  47. all I can say is wow. A beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a cool project! Love that flower, and thanks for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful project. Your flowers are gorgeous - thanks for sharing a different way to use the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great project! Those flowers truly are gorgeous. And what a great gift for a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  51. oh how beautiful! what a lovely letter and a perfect gift for mom! Mine would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!