Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beach Party Release at Verve this weekend


Last night I was able to sneak in to the office to hang out with the Verve community for Verve Beach Party Release Party. It was a fabulous time and the chatting and reveals are always such a pleasure.
The sketch challenges by Julee were fantastic and I wasn't able to get to them but they are definitely apart of my go-to pile in case I need a sketch to get me going. I was able to get to the color challenge and Julee picked out a fantastic color combo of Orange, Aqua and Green.

My card went off onto a curiosity spin as most of my creations do. I wanted to know if I could paper pierce a design onto acetate and stitch thread onto it. With some clever counting I was able to manuever all the holes without jumping over previous stitches and stitch on both sides so if anyone peeked it would look finished too. I was almost reluctant to cover up the ends with a matching white cardstock from the sentiment because they actually were invisible. It sure was fun creating those waves for the beachy scene on my card.

It's definitely a simple and clean card, but with the bright cheery Verve sun stamp I think I'll enjoy my day!

Details:
Card Size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches
Stamps: Verve Plain Jane Enjoy Today
Paper: WRF Kraft, ??Ginkgo CS, Neenah Smooth White, Acetate
Ink: Graphite Black, Prismacolor Markers ( Aquamarine, Orange, Poppy Red)
Accessories: DMC Embroidery Floss

1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome Janelle! You are just too clever and a great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!