It's been awhile since I participated in all the challenges that happen during the week of a Verve stamp release. I etched out some time and got busy with the challenges. Here is the outcome of my time. Enjoy!
Challenge A: Use chipboard on your card.
Details: Sentiment is from the limited time Verve Regal Hearts Digital stamp. Patterned paper is from the Shabby Princess "Amore" digital paper (more of it appears in my blog banner) and a SU! pale Yellow. Ink on the edges of flower, chipboard frame and paper is Ranger Walnut Stain. I punched out the flower with Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch twice and colored the center and edges with Cream and Yellow Ochre Prismacolor markers then dabbed Glossy Accents on the center and sprinkled Martha Stewart Carnelian glitter over it. The layout is from Mojo Monday Sketch #111.
Details: I printed out a milk carton template (linked on Diane's blog here) on paper and tacked the corners of clear acetate over it and scored with ruler and stylus then cut out the outer lines. Hand folded it carefully and then used a bonefolder to get the edges crisp. I stamped the the belly band around the bottom with the heart from Hundred Hearts across the long edge of letter size paper and spacing and masking for the layered look. Then colored them in with Prismacolor markers (Scarlet Lake, Henna and Raspberry) I printed out the sentiment using Leftovers font in various sizes and another heart stamped on the tag. Then I diecut tag shape from Cuttlebug's Red Tage Alphabets which was too long so I trimmed it off. Added a brown button with red embroidery floss. I tucked the sentiment under a bright red ribbon I had in my stash.
Challenge C: Use Turquoise ~ Grey ~ Black colors on a card
This card was already on my mind when I saw the color challenge. I debated on adding the Real Red to the heartcones of this evergreen but I think they really make this a sweet card. Trees are from Christmas in the Air colored with Light Aqua, Aquamarine and Teal Blue (the tree stump stripes are filled in with Cool Grey 70%), red hearts are from Thankful Accents. Sentiment is stamped in Graphite Black from Hundred Hearts stamp and the Grey CS card base is stamped using the border stamp from Thankful Hearts and the larger heart from Thankful Accents. The diecut shape is Basic Black and a white cardstock with the perforated edge cut off and sponged with Tempting Turquiose.
This sketch was the hardest of all. I can't explain it to you but I had so many ideas and none of them worked. That brings me to a word of warning. When using Ranger Crackle Paint over Prismacolor markers be prepared for the colors to change dramatically. The colors I used for a heart pendant were the same as on the hearts of my treat carton and they turned into the highest neon orange I have ever seen! If I find it I'll post a picture of it.
Details: Anyway, this card, using the Amore digital papers from Shabby Princess, was quick once I gave in to the pendant idea for the circle element. I embossed the red paper with the Finial Press folder by Stampin' Up. Stitched the tan paper onto the floral dp and also around the sentiment from Regal Hearts Digital Stamp (there's no longer a link for this because it was only available during release week. sorry). The flower is the MS Hydrangea punch on on the red digi paper with the same center as my other flower. I distressed the edges of the sentiment, circle and flowers with Ranger Walnut stain ink. Red satin ribbon from my stash and it's finally done. Whew!
Challenge E: Get in Shape! Any shape card but A2
Details: Kraft paper and Amore digi paper were stitched together. I overlayed the sentiment on the digipaper before I printed it out. In MS Powerpoint, I used the heart from the Verve Regal Hearts digital stamp set in various sizes and rotated them to create a frame and then added the whole heart image three times onto the frame. I colored the frame background with Prismacolor Deco Yellow marker and then went over it with Parchment marker because it needed to be a more muted color. The hearts were colored with Prismacolor Scarlet Lake, Henna and Raspberry markers and the scroll work around them was filled in with my Star Dust Gelly Roll pen (see photo below). That's it! Thanks for stopping by.