Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, January 19, 2018

Such A Drizzling Challenge


Happy Friday all! Today I've got a mixed media card just to say hello! It's more than just a card it's a challenge day card!


I'm hosting the Mix-Ability forum starting today, and I decided I'd let the weather get the better of me. It's drizzling rain in our part of the world instead of snowing so we will drizzle something onto a background for the challenge!


For my card, I did two drizzles! I made a stencil with hot glue drizzled onto a craft mat and then sprayed my stamped background paper with instant coffee. The second drizzle was a silver glue stick drizzled as a border on the card background.


I hope you'll come and join us in the Mix-Ability forum at Splitcoaststampers!

One more thing before we move on to supplies and instructions. All this week there are Stampendous projects using the new 6 x 6 stamps. Check out the posts here, here and here.

Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Stampendous:

  • Cling Mixed Mesh (AZ, STM)
  • 6 x 6 Clear Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)
  • Big Brush Hello (AZ, STM)
  • Stardust Embossing Powder (STM)
  • Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
  • Wagner HT 400 Embossing Heat Tool (AZ, STM)
  • Splatter/Spray Top Bottle (AZSTM)

Plus:

  • Poppy Red, Teal and Kraft cardstock
  • Distress Ink Spray Stains (Amazon Links) - Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon
  • Memento London Fog Ink Pad (AZ)
  • A Fine Line Glue by Adhesive Tech (AZ)
  • Metallic Silver Glue Sticks by Surebonder (AZ)
  • Instant Coffee (AZ)
  • Hot Glue Gun (AZ)

Instructions:

  1. Stamp Mixed Mesh onto Mixed Media White Paper with various Distress Inks.
  2. Create a drizzle stencil with clear glue sticks and hot glue gun onto nonstick craft mat. Let cool and peel off and set on top of the stamped background.
  3. Mix water with instant coffee in Splatter-Spray Top Bottle and spray over drizzle stencil. 
  4. Dry with the heat tool, trim to 3-3/4 x 5-inch size and layer onto color cardstock that is 1/8-inch larger than the size above it.
  5. Plug in glue gun with silver glue sticks and set aside.
  6. Stamp Big Brush Hello with London Fog onto the card base and quickly cover with Stardust Embossing Powder. Tap off excess into the container and finish setting it with a heat tool.
  7. Drizzle silver glue around the edge of Mixed Mesh stamped layer.
  8. Glue onto folded 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inch kraft card base. 

It's what I do! I'm a maker who receives goodies for design team work, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't already like the products I receive, so comments I make are what I mean and not just because I received them to make my project. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun, Janelle!! I'm sharing it for our Brushed Greetings week on Wednesday!! Love the drizzle look, that's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome background and textures! Love that big 'hello'! Pretty font!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!