Hello and a heartfelt Good Friday to all of you celebrating Easter weekend! I have a fun challenge to share today with considerable flexibility to your own style!
I'm hosting the Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability weekly challenge this time around, and I've decided to focus on borders.
You can find the details at MIX220: Unusual Borders on Splitcoaststampers, but for my card, I'll tell you that I've been stuck lately with a straight edge or cut edge borders on my projects.
I love straight clean edges, but I decided I wanted to step out of a comfort zone and see if I could be creative with my choices. So for my out of box choices I searched the Splitcoaststampers Tutorials! I wanted to try hot glue gun borders, and there's a tutorial for hot glue gun embossing.
The other choice was to use a repeating sentiment or phrase somewhere as a straight border. It was pretty easy with the Stampendous Cling Unexplained Stamp Set designed by Andy Skinner.
So I hope you'll stop on by the challenge and get more detail and then play along this weekend or next week!
Supplies: (Amazon Affiliate Shopping links = AZ, others non-affiliate)
- Unexplained Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- Easter Cross Metal Stencil (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Creative Palette (AZ, STM)
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
- Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handles (AZ, STM)
- Kraft Cardstock (Wausau)
- Hot Glue Sticks and Tool
- MEDIA Fluid Paint by DecoArt® - Titanium White AZ, Cobalt Teal Hue, Pyrrole Red and Vermilion
- Dazzling Metallics Paint by DecoArt® - Peacock Pearl
- Mister Huey's Misting Spray by Studio Calico - First Kiss (equivalent could be a mix of MEDIA Mister Red (AZ) and Shimmer Mister White (AZ) (company website) in a Stampendous Splatter/Spray Bottle (AZ, STM)
- Create monoprints with MEDIA Fluid Paint in Pyrrole Red and Dazzling Metallics Peacock Pearl on a Creative Palette. Dry.
- Use a scrap of red monoprint paper to stamp phrase from Unexplained with black ink.
- Lay down Easter Cross Stencil on red and blue monoprint and spray with the mister. Let dry and trim to 4 x 5-1/4 inches.
- Splatter water-thinned Titanium White paint around top and bottom of monoprint.
- Glue down Monoprint on A2 size kraft card base. Glue phrase strip on edge.
- Heat up glue stick in tool and then pipe around edges of monoprint.
- Paint with Cobalt Teal Hue with a finger or flat brush.