Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 14, 2017

Have Faith and Use Unusual Borders


Hello and a heartfelt Good Friday to all of you celebrating Easter weekend! I have a fun challenge to share today with considerable flexibility to your own style!

I'm hosting the Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability weekly challenge this time around, and I've decided to focus on borders.


You can find the details at MIX220: Unusual Borders on Splitcoaststampers, but for my card, I'll tell you that I've been stuck lately with a straight edge or cut edge borders on my projects.


I love straight clean edges, but I decided I wanted to step out of a comfort zone and see if I could be creative with my choices. So for my out of box choices I searched the Splitcoaststampers Tutorials! I wanted to try hot glue gun borders, and there's a tutorial for hot glue gun embossing.

The other choice was to use a repeating sentiment or phrase somewhere as a straight border. It was pretty easy with the Stampendous Cling Unexplained Stamp Set designed by Andy Skinner.


So I hope you'll stop on by the challenge and get more detail and then play along this weekend or next week!

Supplies: (Amazon Affiliate Shopping links = AZ, others non-affiliate)
Stampendous:
  • Unexplained Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
  • Easter Cross Metal Stencil (AZ, STM)
  • Mixed Media White Paper (AZSTM)
  • Creative Palette (AZ, STM)
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko® (AZSTM)
  • Perfectly Clear Acrylic Stamp Handles (AZSTM)

Plus:

  • Kraft Cardstock (Wausau)
  • Hot Glue Sticks and Tool
  • MEDIA Fluid Paint by DecoArt® - Titanium White AZ, Cobalt Teal Hue, Pyrrole Red and Vermilion
  • Dazzling Metallics Paint by DecoArt® - Peacock Pearl
  • Brayer
  • Paintbrushes
  • Mister Huey's Misting Spray by Studio Calico - First Kiss (equivalent could be a mix of MEDIA Mister Red (AZ) and Shimmer Mister White (AZ) (company website) in a Stampendous Splatter/Spray Bottle (AZ, STM)

 Instructions:

  1. Create monoprints with MEDIA Fluid Paint in Pyrrole Red and Dazzling Metallics Peacock Pearl on a Creative Palette. Dry. 
  2. Use a scrap of red monoprint paper to stamp phrase from Unexplained with black ink.
  3. Lay down Easter Cross Stencil on red and blue monoprint and spray with the mister. Let dry and trim to 4 x 5-1/4 inches.
  4. Splatter water-thinned Titanium White paint around top and bottom of monoprint.
  5. Glue down Monoprint on A2 size kraft card base. Glue phrase strip on edge.
  6. Heat up glue stick in tool and then pipe around edges of monoprint.
  7. Paint with Cobalt Teal Hue with a finger or flat brush.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!