I've pushed the metal to the floor of winter and created a challenge to encourage spring to quicken its pace.
Yep, today is a new Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability Challenge and I'll be hosting this week with a combination of petals to the metals. Here's my card that I'm sharing and I've actually compiled a list of fun metal tutorials from Splitcoaststampers for some inspiration!
I chose these lovely lilac stamps from Stampendous for my project because it's Lovely Lilac week over on the Stampendous blog. Stop by there to see more pretty flowers and more from my design teamies, Louise Healy and Pam Bray.
Here's the run down on my card today!
Supplies: (Just a heads up that I am linking to my Amazon affiliate account in the supplies list, but never fear you can also find some links to online stores without affiliate links so you have the choice.)
- Lilac Cling Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- Wood Background (AZ, STM)
- Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
- Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
- Wagner HT 400 Embossing Heat Tool (AZ, STM)
- Creative Palette Rectangles (AZ)
- Kraft Cardstock
- Xcut A6 Embossing Folder - Moroccan Star Tiles (AZ, JoAnn)
- Media™ Fluid Acrylics by DecoArt® - Titanium White, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Yellow Green Light, Dioxazine Purple, Quinacridone Violet,
- MISTI Stamping Tool (AZ, SP)
- 2-inch Foil Tape Roll
- Jewelry Wire
- Chipboard or Cereal Box Board
- Sponge or dauber (AZ - cut into smaller pieces, EH)
- 3D Foam Adhesives Squares (AZ)
- Stamp Wood Background with London Fog onto Mixed Media White Paper.
- Randomly sponge Pumice Stone ink in direction of grain.
- Trim three planks from image and glue to card base.
- Splatter with watered down Titanium White paint.
- Cut 2 x 2-inch square from chipboard or cereal box and add foil tape.
- Emboss chipboard through cutting machine using manufacturers instructions.
- Paint desired color (white would work well or use the combination in the next step)
- Into a palette, mix the following into three separate bowls and then paint onto tile. 2:1 - Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Titanium White. 1:2 drops of Quinacridone Gold with water. 1:2 drops of Carbon Black with water.
- Paint each coat and dry in between. Start with turquoise/white paint mix, then a coat of Quinacridone Gold. The last coat is Carbon Black.
- Gently rub off raised embossing with a damp cloth or use an emery board to expose metal from the paint.
- Glue embossed tile onto card base.
- Quickly mix each paint 1:1 with white tinting base onto Creative Palette - Quinacridone Violet, Cobalt Blue Hue and Doxazine Purple - and paint into ombre layers, wet with a spray of rubbing alcohol if it dries before pulling a monoprint. Let dry and clean monoprinting plate.
- Place monoprint into MISTI with black foam removed. Stamp lilacs with black ink. Repeat until you have a solid image.
- Remove and heat set ink then cut out sections of flowers that are different in color or as desired.
- Repeat process with Yellow Green Light and Phthalo Green Yellow for leaves,
- Position flower pieces around faux tin tile and then adhere with foam adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on white paper with black ink and trim into pennant, then adhere to card base to appear tucked into flowers.
- Use a piece of silver jewelry wire to add looped element to card and tuck behind flowers over tile.