It's Wednesday, the middle of February and I'm thinking of spring! It is still officially winter, but with Stampendous and my teamies we are sharing lovely lilac projects!!!
Stop by Jamie Martin's blog as well as the Stampendous blog for more inspiration.
I took creative license on a sketch challenge as well, because I thought those butterflies work perfectly for the three stacked elements. You'll have to go over to Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge forum to get the details for Sketch Challenge 632!
And now for a quick list of supplies and instructions.
Note: In this supply list affiliate links are used for Amazon (AZ) at no cost to you, though it means when you click the link and make a purchase I receive a few pennies as a commission. Stampendous (STM), Ellen Hutson (EH), Scrapbook Pal (SP) and Blick Studio (Blick) links are also listed for non-affiliate shopping.
- Lilac Cling Stamp Set (AZ, STM)
- You Are Amazing Stamp (AZ, STM)
- Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ, STM)
- Cardstock by Bazzill Papers - Pixie Dust (AZ)
- Cardstock by WorldWin - Belgium Blue
- 90 lb. Watercolor Paper (AZ, Blick)
- Watercolor markers by Winsor Newton® (AZ, Blick) - 109 Cadmium Yellow Hue, 090 Cadmium Orange Hue, 095 Cadmium Red Hue, 311 Hooker's Green, 312 Hookers Green Dark, 521 Phthalo Green (Yellow Shade), 401 Mid Blue, 139, Cerulean Blue Hue, 231 Dioxazine Violet
- Ribbon by MayArts
- E-Z Runner Tape by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (AZ, EH) Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush, Medium Fine (AZ, EH)
- MISTI Stamping Tool (AZ, SP)
- Nuvo Crystal Drops by Tonic Studios - Dandelion Yellow (AZ, EH)
- Stamp the three butterflies with Versafine ink onto watercolor paper. Note: Using the MISTI Tool will help get a solid stamped image.
- Mask the three butterflies with the included plastic template pieces.
- Stamp lilac onto watercolor paper, mask with plastic template shape.
- Stamp leaves across the bottom of the lilac bunch.
- Watercolor image by scribbling ink from markers onto plastic palette or surface (markers will stain surface).
- Stamp sentiment where desired.
- Tie a bow with ribbon and wrap around the lower right corner of the watercolor image.
- Glue to Belgium Blue cardstock and onto Pixie Dust card base.
- Add tiny drops of Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops to the center of open flowers.