My post today is quite a bit of a jump ahead in the seasons, or is it really? I'm not a gardener or a very observant one, but it seems from a childhood memory that sunflowers grow into fall until they are droopy from the weight of the full seeds. So if anything it's a switch from all the fall and Halloween colors you've been seeing lately. You're welcome.
Really my post today is also to share that while the northern hemisphere is losing leaves and heading into the cooler and cold seasons the Stampendous Catalog release that is out for October is full of fun spring products.
Sunny Vase is one of the large Cling Rubber Sets with coordinating dies, LOVE that, that is in the new catalog plus a really cool background stamp called Starry Swirls. So have you all figured out how much these two together are a work of art? If you just thought VanGogh, –ding, ding, ding! – you are so art savvy!
Now we can make our own little masterpieces with stamps. Here's how I made mine!
Supplies from Stampendous:
CRS5094 Cling Sunny Vase
MyColors cardstock by My Mind's Eye
Media™ Fluid Acrylic Paint by DecoArt® (Titanium White, Primary Yellow, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Yellow Green Light, Cobalt Teal Hue, Paynes Grey)
Media™ Shimmer Mist by DecoArt® (Turquoise)
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Perfect Ruler by Perfect Paper Craft
3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Cord by May Arts
Old credit card or cardboard scrap
- Fold a 6-1/4 x 9-inch cardstock in half for a 6-1/4 x 4-1/2 inch card base.
- Stamp Starry Swirls with black waterproof ink onto Mixed Media White Paper.
- Scrap Teal paint across stamped image and set aside to dry.
- Trim and mat with white paper using the Perfect Ruler.
- Adhere to card base.
- Stamp flowers, vase and leaves with black waterproof ink on Mixed Media White Paper and trim with matching dies.
- Color with water-diluted paint and allow edges to curl. Correct with curves with the heat tool. Note: The paper curls towards you as the heat is directed from the front of the paper.
- Adhere with foam squares.
- Die cut the tag with white paper and stamp sentiment from Painted Wishes.
- Tie a bow onto the tag and adhere it to the vase with foam squares.