Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, September 2, 2016

School Ruled My Project Today!


Happy Friday! I'm here today with a mixed media card with a challenge! I'm hosting the Mix-Ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers and I'd love for you to join us! Our challenges are easy and approachable so you won't feel intimidated by mixed media. Browse the forum to find out more about the challenges and then join in on almost 200 challenges anytime!

The challenge is to use school paper (MIX188: School Ruled!)! I made an easy challenge, because if you are a mother of school aged children you are probably just as busy as I am. 


I used wide-ruled and primary paper on the background and had some colorful fun smudging Gelatos with water on my finger, then I sealed it with Matte Medium. I handsketched the sidewalk and stamped the bubbles with 

Disclaimer: I've been watching a ton of videos lately and I'm highly influenced by them when it comes time to create something on my own, so this project is similar in technique to Italian mixed media artist, Nicoletta Zanella. She just happens to be the artist for the stamps I'm using today.


The images are from the Whisper Friends Christmas Stamp Set. Colored with Gelatos and a paintbrush!


The sentiment is from Life Words by Stampendous.

Thank you for stopping by!

Details:
Stamps: Whisper Friends Christmas, Whisper Houses, Life Words (Stampendous)
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper (Stampendous), My Colors Concord Jam (My Mind's Eye), school paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black ink, VersaCraft Real Black ink (Tsukineko), Gelatos (Faber-Castell)
Accessories: scissors, Cold Gray and Black PITT Artist Pens (Faber-Castell), Matte Medium (DecoArt)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!