Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, July 29, 2016

A Monochromatic Card and Standing up for An Ugly Color



Oh happy Friday everyone!

Today I'm posting a fun for me-time card. I just said I have no time ,but I'm going to get out a few new items that I haven't had the time to play with and use them!

So with that, here's a quick card for these challenges.


Mix-Ability Challenge - MIX183: Stop Color Bullying - Dina Kowal is hosting the Mix-Ability challenge and it is all about poor Pantone 488C. Stop color bullying NOW! Head on over to the challenge forum for all the details. I attempted to capture this color by mixing Burnt Umber and Olive Green Light acrylic paints which is much darker in real life than the doily stencil print on my card.


A Vintage Journey - Monochromatic Challenge #43 - This is a new challenge to me and I certainly hope I can fit in the time in to try out their monthly challenges more often.



Details:
Stamps: Be Classy (Concord and 9th)
Paper: Sulphite white paper for monoprint (Pacon), Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Circle Medallion stencil (Plaid), Gel Printing Plate (GelliArts), Burnt Umber, Olive Green Light, Light Blue Permanent, Brilliant Yellow Green (Liquitex and Amsterdam brands), Chocolate seam ribbon (Signature Ribbon Collection by Verve Stamps), gold paint pen (DecoColor by Marvy Uchida), MISTI stamp positioning tool (My Sweet Petunia)

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. A lovely card ! Janelle . Love all those earthy tones. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!