Happy Thursday everyone! I'm popping in this fine day to share a card made with the new Stampendous Stiletto Stencil! This week the Stampendous theme is about shoes with new April stamps and stencils.
It's going to be a fun, fun week! Stop by the Stampendous blog posts Monday, Wednesday and today for more inspiration and then stop by tomorrow for the last day of shoes galore. Pssst... the stamps are just as fun as the stencil I'm using today!
Instructions: (supplies are listed below)
- Fold a 4 1/4 x 11 inch cardstock in half for a finished 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Set aside.
- For the stencil piece, trim Mixed Media Paper to just larger than the stencil and lay it down on your protected craft surface, put the Stiletto stencil down on top and tape around the edges.
- Position a row of Regular Paste along the edge of the stencil with a palette knife, then using a paste spreader at a 30 degree angle slowly spread paste over image. Set embossed piece aside to dry and clean tools and stencil.
- Create a blue monoprint plate with the Creative Palette Rounds plate, acrylic paint and Marks stamp set. Use the bubble wrap stamps and the X stamps in both of those products to create texture while make the print. Dry and trim to 1/4 inch smaller than folded card base.
- Stamp Wood Background in Rich Cocoa ink onto kraft cardstock, trim into a pennant.
- Stamp sentiment in Rich Cocoa and cut out with circle die and one larger color cardstock frame. Glue together.
- Return stencil over embossed stiletto and with a stencil brush lightly apply lighter inks to embossing. Graduate color on back of sole and flower.
- Mask off flower, sole and heel with removable tape.
- Tape down Filagree stencil over the top and stencil with a brush the darker ink colors.
- Remove stencil and wash with soap and warm water.
- Trim around stiletto and add foam adhesive to back.
- Assemble the card with trimmed color cardstock and monoprint paper askew, then add the ribbon bow around the top, nestling the stiletto heel just underneath it.
- Adhere the wood grain pennant and then the framed sentiment.
Stamps: Shoe Sense Perfectly Clear Stamp Set, NK Studio Marks, Wood Background (Stampendous)
Stencils: Stiletto, Filagree, Dreamweaver Stencils Regular Paste, Palette Knife, Paste Spreader, Natural Handle Brush Set (Stampendous)
Paper: Mixed Media White (Stampendous), Swiss Dots (Bazzill Basics)
Ink: Memento™ Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko), Colorbox Caliente, Scarlet, Cranberry, Chianti, Espresso ink (Clearsnap)
Accessories: Creative Palette Rounds MonoPrinting Plate (Stampendous), acrylic paint (DecoArt), ribbon (May Arts), circle dies (Lifestyle), removable tape, Zip-Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)