Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, August 3, 2015

Thinking of You, My Mixable Challenge


Ever start on a project with not one thing in mind but that it be finished? Well, I did that for my project for this week's Mix-Ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers.

I have a special someone that really needs an uplifting of the spirit right now and while all who know what's going on have already been praying, we sometimes need to send that unexpected card in the mail.

So I guess I had that in mind as well as the situation while I went into the studio for this challenge. I did end up creating a rather different kind of 'Thinking of You' card. Usually these types of cards are bright and encouraging, but this card is scruffy and messy. Sometimes what you're going through is scruffy and messy, but the thoughts from others can bring us out of the murk to a happier place. I'm not sure I'll send this card off, but it did alert me to the fact that I need to be more aware when I'm creating to not let my emotions drive the mojo van all the time. LOL


My Mixable Challenge on the forum is MIX131: Love IT! to create with something from your mixed media stash or challenge techniques that you LOVE.

There are far more than two things that I love in my mixed media stash and I'm sure a person could not decipher what the project was if I did, so I stuck with two go-to mediums that I've used a lot lately. My monoprinting plate and pencil, pen or both!

If you want to try some mixed media in your papercrafting there are 130 previous challenges in our forum that will get you started. You can always join in on any challenge and there are samples to help you get started if it's intimidating. Each challenge hostess makes their challenge approachable and fun so there is no need to sit and watch, just jump right in and have some fun.

Details:
Stamps: Happy Messages, NK Studio Marks (Stampendous)
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper (Stampendous), Kraft (Wausau), book page
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Traditions Acrylic Palette Sampler Set (Deco Arts)
Accessories: Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate (Stampendous), pencil, PITT Superfine Artist Pen (Faber-Castell), white gesso (Deco Arts)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think it will make anyone a happier person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!