Now I finally get to share my patriotic project for this week. Boy, it was quite a long process with many trials and errors. It really came out nicely considering all the crazy mishaps, which I'll gladly leave you in the dark about. I'll just say that there are easily half a dozen more in the waste bin before I made it to this card.
This week, as you have already been made aware, is a Patriotic Panache, or show your patriotic side, week at Stampendous! Some gorgeous, fun and sentimental stamps are going to be shared in various projects and today mine is was suppose to have some Americana feel to it. Here it is!
Stamps: Old Glory, AS Cling Industrial (Andy Skinner, Stampendous)
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper (Stampendous), Red (Core'dinations)
Ink: VersaMark Watermark Ink (Tsukineko), Acrylic Paint (DecoArt)
Accessories: Creative Palette Rectangles (Stampendous), Red and China Blue Micro Glitter (Stampendous), paintbrush, sponge and paper towels
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch color cardstock in half for a finished 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card base.
- Layer paint onto small rectangle Creative Palette, individually between adding pressing Mixed Media White Paper onto palette. Use the colors and technique from the Stampendous CHA Winter 2015 booth demo with Andy Skinner called Rusty Fun with Andy Skinner.
- The last layer is to use Chalky White paint around the edges.
- Spray with blue color mist spray and then wipe away with clean paper towel. The color will stay on the chalky paint, but release from the rest of the background.
- Prepare the paper for embossing with anti-static pouch.
- Ink Old Glory with Versamark Watermark ink and stamp in the center of monoprint.
- Sprinkle Aged Silver onto image and gently tap away excess, leaving a thick layer of embossing enamel.
- Heat from the back side and cool.
- Carefully sprinkle red glitter around stripes and heat from back side of paper. Cool and tap off excess, then repeat with China Blue glitter.
- Stamp Old Glory onto white paper and trim away stars. Glue them into place on glittered image.
- Mat onto red card base.
Please visit my teammates posts if you haven't made it over yet. We appreciate all your wonderful comments when you do!
Stampendous Blog (Monday)
Stampendous Blog (Tuesday)