I've been feeling a little mashed up lately with all the changes going on in my world, all good or at least they are normal, so it was the spark to my challenge this week as I host the Mix-Ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
Sometimes you just can't find the right sentiment and you really need the one that just won't go away in your mind. So why not create your own, right? Now we can be challenge to figure out our stash of sentiments, alphabet stamps whether they are stencils, stamps, rub-ons, magazine cut-outs. Let's see how creative we can be.
I have a lot of mashed-up parts to my card today, so when you look at the sentiment you're seeing only the MIX107 challenge. Here's what else is going on with this card.
Stampendous has a weekly theme for their Swirls and Flourish stamps, so you will see a flourish in the Vintage Letter background stamp, and clear embossed Elegant Scroll in two of the corners.
The Dreamweaver Dream Team challenge this month is Frilly and Fabulous so I have frilled with vintage lace edging and used my fabulous Mosaic Swirls stencil and some color spray.
Ready to get all the ingredients for this puppy?
R221 Vintage Letter
P248 Elegant Scroll
SSC109 Happy Messages
SSC1169 Vintage Lowercase Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
DP020 Detail Clear Embossing Powder
DP100 Detail White Embossing Powder
FREG047 Chunky Copper Embossing Enamel
GS402 Empty Bottle with Spray/Splatter Top
STF082 Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko®
VM001 Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko®
LJ901 Dreamweaver Mosaic Swirls Stencil
Memento™ Rich Cocoa Ink by Tsukineko®
Classic® Charcoal Linen Cardstock by Neenah
Watercolor paper by Canson®
Water-soluble oil pastels by Smith-Binney
Zip-Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
Vintage Lace Edging
Heat Embossing Tool
Instant Coffee Granules
Static Remover bag
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 11 inch charcoal cardstock in half for a finished 5 1/2 inch square top folding card base. Set aside.
- Stamp at an angle, Vintage Letter with Onyx Black ink onto watercolor paper trimmed to 5 x 5 inches.
- Dry with heat tool and dust with anti-static bag.
- Stamp Elegant Scroll with Versamark Watermark ink onto watercolor paper, sprinkle with clear embossing powder, shake off excess back into container and heat set with heat tool.
- Color edges with side of oil-pastels and rub, then with a wet paintbrush spread pigment our towards the center.
- Set stencil on watercolor paper, pressing down as you spray with coffee water in spray/splatter bottle. Set aside to dry.
- On kraft paper stamp first word of sentiment from Vintage Lowercase with Rich Cocoa ink. Dry with heat tool and dust with anti-static bag.
- Ink second word with watermark ink and stamp overlapped onto first word, then heat emboss with Detail White embossing powder the same way the clear embossing was done.
- Use oil pastels on edges of sentiment, smearing with finger or piece of paper towel. Smear with wet paintbrush.
- Stamp a section of Vintage Letter around sentiment, and heat set so the wax will evaporate from the oil pastel and set the ink. Blot away ink that does not set.
- Mat sentiment with charcoal paper and glue onto watercolor paper. (Tip: Lay the watercolor paper at an angle on the card base to be able to align the sentiment panel straight.with the card base. See photo of card for help.)
- Lightly sprinkle Chunky Copper Embossing Enamel on two side of the card, removing any that fall onto sentiment words. Use the Encrusted Jewel Technique to heat set enamel.
- Wrap vintage lace edging around watercolor paper twice and tie in a bow.
- Glue watercolor paper onto card base.