Stampendous is wrapping up the Halloween season with a theme on WHOOOOOOO's ready for Halloween. Yes, we've got the OWL about are blogs.
This card today is one I made up just this month. It showcases Tombstone Owl from last seasons study of owls, but it also has THIS SEASON's Tangled Border stamp. I'm really loving the way it works at creating pattern paper. Love it!
Dark Cashmere Ink by Colorbox® (for Graphics 45®)
White cardstock by Bazzill Basics®
Brown Cardstock by Bazzill Basics®
Blue Cardstock by Graphics 45®
Square envelope (5 1/2 inches)
Copy Paper or notebook paperMetallic Silver Cardstock by Wausau Paper®
Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
White Big Brush Pen by Faber-Castell®
3-in-1™ Glue by Beacon Adhesives®
Thin 3D Foam Adhesives by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Ribbon by May Arts Ribbon
Craft Heat Tool
Stamp Position Tool
- Stamp Tombstone Owl twice onto copy paper.
- On the first image (background mask) cut out the owl on the tombstone.
- For the second image (owl mask) cut around the edge of the image keeping the owl and tombstone still attached to the larger sheet of paper.
- Fold an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch brown cardstock in half so the fold is along the 5 1/2 inch length of the card. Finished folded size will be 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.
- Stamp Tangled Border on blue cardstock cut to 5 1/4 x 4 inches with Dark Cashmere in offset rows. Glue to card base. Doodle highlights with white brush pen. Add a border with a dark colored marker (optional).
- Tie ribbon in a knot onto the card and trim tails.
- Create monoprint paper with Creative Palette and acrylic paints in blues and charcoal gray. Set aside to dry or use a heat tool.
- Place the background mask onto your monoprint paper and sponge white acrylic paint where the owl and tombstone would be on the image. Let dry while cutting away the moon on the background mask.
- Place the owl mask over the sponged masked area just completed, then temporarily add the moon cut from the background mask for a guide to place the rest of the background mask.
- Take away the moon mask and sponge with white paint around the owl and tombstone for a glowing effect. Now sponge the moon area.
- Use a stamp position tool to stamp Tombstone Owl with Onyx Black ink onto monoprint paper. Trim around outer edges of image and adhere to brown cardstock. Adhere to card base with foam adhesive squares.
- Using 3-in-1 glue, create a web of adhesive around three corners of the image and onto the card. Sprinkle Teal Mica Fragments from Fusion Kit onto glue and lightly press down. Shake off excess and repeat this time using the Lime Micro Glitter.
- Stamp a couple of the clouds and cut out from metallic silver cardstock. Adhere onto sponged image with foam adhesives.
- This card will fit into a 5 1/2 inch square envelope.
Stamps: Tangled Border and Tombstone Owl (Stampendous)
Paper: White and Brown Cardstock (Bazzill Basics), Blue Cardstock (Graphics 45), printer or notebook paper, Metallic cardstock (Wausau)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Ink (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Creative Pallette and Fusion Stack Art Kit (Stampendous), acyrlic paint (DecoArt), white brush pen (Faber-Castell), 3-in-1 Glue (Beacon Adhesives), Thin 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L), ribbon (May Arts Ribbon), heat tool, stamp position tool, sponge