Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, May 30, 2014

It's elementary to use glue


I've been working the last two weeks in my children's classrooms teaching art lessons about a master artist. I went through some of the most famous paintings of all time! Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa and The Last Supper. Did you know that he didn't even prefer painting? He rather preferred pencil and paper over the laborious years it took him to paint a single piece of art. Yes, three years each for those two masterpieces.

My husband believes it. He says I take just as much time only my canvas is a much smaller scale. So, so, true. If only I could create my projects quickly.

I think today's card was pretty quick for me. I don't know how long it took to complete, but I do know that when you have a great challenge your creativity gets a jolt of energy. So the jolt to this card is the new Mix-Ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers hosted by Birgit. The challenge is to create GLUE ART. Use glue and let it show off! (Those are my own words.) Go to MIX70: Glue Art to see Birgit's official challenge.


I chose to use hot glue because it's fast drying and I started at the last minute. And that's how it works around my work table, last minute.


I used a monoprint from my stash and stamped the Square Illusion in black ink, then I scribbled hot glue back and forth one section at a time. Before the glue had time to cool, I sprinkled China Blue glitter over it and left it there until the glue hardened. The loose glitter was returned to it's container and then it was time for flower power.


The flower from Blossom Beauty was stamped and cut out with it's coordinating die cut and then stamped with Music Score in neon blue. It's color is a combination of water soluble oil pastels then regular oil pastels, but the center of the flower gets all the attention. I created hot glue pollen by dropping small balls of glue onto my craft mat and letting them cool. They were transferred to the flower center, sprinkled with Sunflower Micro Glitter and reactivated with a heat tool so the glitter and glue would adhere to the paper.

I highlight the petals with my newly found bottle of Copic Opaque White. It's been lost for nearly two years in my embossing powder drawer. Sometimes I amaze myself at my filing and storage skills, hee-hee.

And that's how I played with glue in a show off kind of way. It was a lot of fun and maybe even you could find some time to craft with the glue outside the lines. If you do, we love to see what you create in the Mix-Ability gallery. Upload your card to your SCS gallery and use the keyword, "MIX70" to get it in the challenge gallery.

Have a great weekend!

Details:
Stamps: Blossom Beauty Jumbo, Square Illusion and Music Score (Stampendous)
Paper: Charcoal (Wausau), old grid paper, white sulphite paper (Pacon)
Ink: Tuxedo Black and Neon Electric Blue (Tsukineko), acrylic paints, water-soluble oil pastels (Binney Smith), oil pastels
Accessories: Creative Palette (Stampendous), Blossom Beauty Die Cut Set (Stampendous), China Blue and Sunflower Micro Glitter (Stampendous), corner rounder (WRMK), Opaque White (Copic)

Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!