Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friends Fly in with Coffee


I've got a serious butterfly infestation on my blog this week. I suppose since my ICE Resin pendant had flowers you would guess that butterflies wouldn't be far from coming to grab a drink.

Today a butterfly has flown in to rest on my Friends Cup card. It's the new challenge for the Mix-Ability forum on Splitcoaststampers hosted by Jeanne. For MIX66 just use Things That Fly.

I brightened up this Ganache (new StazOn Midi ink) cup and butterfly with Prismacolor colored pencils on the wings. It nicely matches the background paper created with monoprinted paper I had stashed away from my last session with the Stampendous Creative Palette. It's so nice to have those handy for my mixed media cards. The monoprint needed some more texture so I stamped the rectangle stamp from the Grunge in Emerald City and the scribble in Pear Tart.

The green matte, monoprint page and paper doily are stitched together and glued down on a Natural cardstock base. The coffee cup is popped up on foam squares and the butterfly is glued on with mono liquid glue. I stamped a steampunk balloon charm at the top of the card last and sadly made a ghost image while I was lifting it off the paper. That's mixed media, right? Just go with it and grin.



Details:
Stamps: Friends Cup, Grunge, Butterfly Charms, Steampunk Charms (Stampendous)
Paper: white sulphite paper (Pacon), Natural (Neenah), Green (Wausau)
Ink: Emerald City and Ganache (StazOn Midi, Tsukineko), Pear Tart (Memento, Tsukineko), acrylic paints (DecoArts), colored pencils (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate (Stampendous), paper doily, sewing machine

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!