Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, May 30, 2014

Faux Tile Wedding card


If today's project looks familiar it's because I just loved the background paper I made for this card last week so much that I wanted to create more with it. Read on to find out more about all the new Verve goodies on this card.


The pattern paper layer was made with my Creative Palette and acrylic paints in Purple Red, Yellow Green and Warm Grey. That was all done for a Viva La Verve card back in April and I still had some leftover after I stamped the flower from Button Best in black ink all over it last week for the release. I added some pink to the petals for highlight with a water-soluble oil pastel (I know that sounds odd and it is, but these little crayons are the bomb for intense color and are inexpensive as well). For extreme color I left the color alone, but to create a more transparent color I simply added water to it with an aqua pen. I added the Mix-Ability challenge MIX69: Faux Tile to the paper using repositional scotch tape for a mask before adding extra thick, because it's drying out, white gesso.

The sentiment and popped up flower are from the new release set Be Blessed. The sentiment is stamped in black ink and clear embossed. It's pennant tails have been hand cut and the whole thing is popped up on the card with glue dots. The Be Blessed flower is 2-step stamped with Positively Pink rocked around the edges with Rose Red then in black ink for the outline and cut out with the coordinating Petal Points die set. Extra monoprint paper is cut out with the Sprightly Sprigs die set with a couple of them stamped in black before the cutting step.

The sprigs and flower are popped up with adhesive foam dots as well as the tail edge of the pennant.

I hope you are enjoying the beginning of your weekend!


Details:
Stamps: Be Blessed, Button Best (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Pewter (Wausau), white (Neenah)
Ink: Tuxedo Black and Onyx Black (Imagine Crafts, Tsukineko), Positively Pink and Rose Red (Stampin' Up), Purple Red, Yellow Green, Warm Grey acrylic paints (Liquitex, Amsterdam), water-soluble oil pastels (Binney Smith)
Accessories: Sprightly Sprigs and Petal Points Die Sets (A Cut Above, Verve), tape, white gesso, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provocraft)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I adored the bg you had on the other card and can fully understand why you wanted to recreate it. Fabulous faux tiles and a great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously loving this card, Janelle! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!