Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Break is in full swing!

I've been spending little time on paper crafts this week as my children and I are getting in all the fun activities possible while on spring break.

I did fit in a work-in-progress on Wednesday, but before I let you in on the story I want to let everyone know that this isn't going to be a new puddle for me. I was enabled last week after dropping off my daughter to a birthday party at Ceramica. I walked in and saw so many happy faces and blank ceramics that it was almost too much for me to take.

I left and went shopping while I decided what I wanted to create while I waited and this is what I decided.

Back story time.


In 2008, I made a fabric birthday banner to use for all of our family on their birthday. Sometimes it came with balloons, but even then it seemed something was lacking.

Present day, while my kids were having a play date at Grammy's house, I went back to Ceramica to finish this plate.

These colors should turn out more vibrant like the swatches under the plate. Close, but not quick as close as the banner. It will be fun to have a birthday plate for that special day. I can imagine a favorite meal presented on this platter.

So that's it from my extra puddle this week. And here's a few reminders for Verve Stamps happenings.

Viva La Verve is wrapping up with one more sketch this Friday. To be eligible for the prize you can choose to do all the sketches by April 3rd on the Challenge blog. Verve Stamps has a Spring Sale with sets starting at 20% off and retiring sets at 50%.

Have a great week! See you soon!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Just love the plate! So glad you got some time to jump into that puddle :) Spring Break is in full swing here two and we get two weeks so I'm a hopping LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!