Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, November 1, 2013

Mixed Media Season Card


Have you been shopping for holiday gifts? Getting your Christmas cards started late? Well, new supplies always get me in the mood to create. :)

So here's a mixed media card I made with some new AVAILABLE Verve Stamps.


I started with Natural cardstock base and a snowflake pattern paper from Doodlebug Design's Home for the Holiday's pack. To paint around the edges, I used some new Claudine Hellmuth paints I received for my birthday. Oh my stars I love those little containers and the paint sets are just perfect!

As with all mixed media it goes in layers so the quick of how I did this was green paint (brush and finger smudge), brown (brush), white (stencil on edges and brush in middle). Add Classy die cut stamped frame from Unto Us with green (dry brush) paint on top. Stamp Real Red snowflakes and Basic Black snowflakes. Splatter thinned red paint with brush around outside. Stamp sentiment three times. Apply red paint strait from bottle in thin sporadic lines and use dry paint brush to spread. That's it!



Details:
Stamps: Holiday Treats, Unto Us (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Home for the Holidays (Doodlebug Designs), Natural (Wausau), Garden Green (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red (SU!)
Accessories: Classy Label Die (A Cut Above, Verve), Metropolitan acrylic paints (Claudine Hellmuth, Ranger), punchinella 12-inch stencil (Crafter's Workshop)
Pin It

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!