Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fabulous Florals on a Box


Stampendous Challenge in May is underway and I'm sharing a project I made last fall used for prayer requests with our women's group at church.

This is a monthly challenge with prize winner at the end! We challenge you to use those Fabulous Florals. Use Stampendous flowers and be counted twice! If your entry is randomly picked you win a Stampendous PRIZE!  Click on Stampendous May Challenge for more details OR use the linky tool with your JUST CREATED floral fantastical project!

Now for my box of fabulous florals. All the flowers were stamped on white tissue paper with Memento Tuxedo Black and glued on with Mod Podge. The scriptures were made in a word program and then printed out onto tissue paper that was taped around a piece of copy paper. The box was found in my garage and I created the lid with my own ingenuity... twice because the first one had less ingenuity put into it. All side were gesso'd and then layers of acrylic paints were painted and rubbed and smeared on then the flowers were added and then I either used watered down acrylics or colored pencils or some type of color medium to bring them to life. I used some bubble wrap to stamp in places and a dry brush to distress in other places. It's really a master of methods piece.


This panel of the box has The Jumbo Cling Tulip, filigree from Jumbo Cling Peony, and the lid has the scroll border from Jumbo Cling Zinnia. Some old butterfly stamps were used on the backgrounds around the box. You can get different Stampendous Butterfly sets on the Stampendous website here, here and here. You can also find them in your local scrapbook and stamping store or online store.


Here I used the Jumbo Cling Zinnia (a smaller Zinnia is available too!)

Jumbo Cling Dogwood and filigree are on this side.

Zinnia again and filigree.

Jumbo Dogwood with scroll from that set and Jumbo Zinnia scroll border again.

So do you have some fabulous florals to add to the gallery? If you do, create and add them to the Stampendous gallery below!






Details:
Stamps: Jumbo Cling Dogwood, Jumbo Cling Zinnia, Jumbo Cling Peony, Jumbo Cling Tulip, Jumbo Cling Rose, Butterfly stamps  herehere and here (Stampendous)

Paper: White Tissue Paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Timber Brown (Staz-on, Tsukineko)
Accessories: Decoupage glue (Mod Podge), acrylic paints

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, your box is gorgeous Janelle! The colours are beautiful, the flowers stamped beautifully - everything is beautiful! And your comment about redoing the lid really made me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!