Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 12, 2013

Mix-Ability Challenge is NEW today


Friday is here! I'm so glad to be able to hostess again over on Splitcoast Stampers with the Mix-Ability Challenge.

Jump over and join us for MIX11 - Frame iT!
We are framing our coloring. Just grab some of those diecut paper leftovers as a stencil with any coloring medium and have some fun. Here's my sample and I'll tell you how I did it with pictures below.



Disclaimer: My camera and I were having personal space issues and I made several samples for my photos coming up. That just means my finished card was the best of all the rework from these photos.

I found some of my scraps from die cuts and grabbed some acrylic paints, water and a couple paintbrushes.

Start brushing from the die-cut onto your paper. That will stop from getting a puddle of paint that might travel under the die cut and create a messy edge on your finished piece.

Note: Larger die cuts will let your color flow underneath and past the shape, so use a little non-permanent adhesive close to the edges on the die cut to keep it close. I had to start over after this shot was taken and use a can of spray adhesive on mine. If I was going to sponge, I don't think there would be a problem.

Here's the finished background. I used blue and violet acrylic paints and then I rubbed some warm red to help make the sentiment pop later.

Now it's a matter of how many shapes you want to use as your window of color! I added a tab on the top right and stars (the newest die cut from Verve called Starry Die). I would have added my lady bug, but the sentiment would have to been left off or a bigger card base needed to be made.



Splatters with a wet paintbrush and then Psalm 147:4 sentiment from Verve's Shining Star Stamp set.

You can use whatever leftover die cuts you have and recycle them into stencil or window for color! Have fun and be messy!

Details:
Stamps:  Shining Star (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Watercolor (Strathmore), Charcoal (Wausau), blue (Craft Warehouse)
Ink: Jet Black (Archival Ink, Ranger), acrylic paints, white gesso
Accessories:   paintbrush, die cut remnants
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow Janelle! This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card :) Love the mix of colours and touch of splatter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!