Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just Saying... Hello

 
(There has been some difficulties with my posts getting saved and published, so this is coming late, but was supposed to be sent out later on Thursday.)

The week's this year just seem to be whipping through aren't they? I'm just sure it's because we are all so excited to get to the next Mix-Ability Challenge, right? Yeah, it's me. I'm excited about it.

Trudy Sjolander is hosting this week. She is asking us to Rip It, Paste It and Ink It! She really knows how to win an artsy girls heart. I broke out my paints just so I could get it all over my fingers, but what was more fun is that a couple of items are handrawn on my card, too!


Here's just a little photo roll of close-ups of my card. I could go into step by steps on this card, but most of that you can't see on the finished card. 



I found a set of stencils at Walmart the other day. Just perfect for small embellishments. I used acrylic on my finger and smoothed it around in the heart shape stencil and once dry just sketched around it with a pencil then Copic Multiliner. Two little flowers are peeking over the "o" in hello. Those are my doodles. :)


This darling little girl is from Birdie Brown called Thinking of You. I know that the sentiment is from Birdie Brown as well, but it might have been a free digital stamp at some point. I've had this girl colored for quite a long time and just never could create quite the right card with it until now. And such the right time because Torico of Birdie Brown is having a 2nd Birthday Challenge and I think I just might drop a linky in to say "hello" and congratulations.


Some more stencil work with the new Wallies stencil. This design had flowers and polka dots, but they eventually were covered up by the layers of lace and sentiment.




Now for the part that really tickles my artsy heart. I drew a cluster of flowers (similar to the one Thinking Of You girl is holding) to add to the collage of torn paper and drawn elements.
Details:
Stamps: Thinking of You (Birdie Brown), Just Saying Hello (Birdie Brown)
Paper: Cream (Wausau), graph paper, blue scraps, texture Yellow Ochre (Craft Warehouse package), text book, pattern paper (not showing from the layers of other paper and paint)
Ink: inkjet printer, alcohol markers (Copics), acrylic paints, black multiliner (Copic)
Accessories: stencils, white texture medium (Hellmuth), blue lace, 6B woodless pencil, 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! Came over from SCS where I stumbled on this challenge thread....looks like fun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... This is GORGEOUS!!! Great design and colors! I love the tiny flowers you drew. Thank you for joining in my birthday challenge #2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!