Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, February 1, 2013

It's time to MIX-it up with a new challenge


Oh yes. I'm SO VERY EXCITED. Today is the day for the new Mixed Media challenge on Splitcoast Stampers! 

Lydia is hostess today and she's asking us for some Yin Yang creations. To create with a shiny finish and a matte finish!


Now I was all about CAS for this first challenge. I wanted my Yin Yang to be prominant. I picked out some brown acrylic paint and my new bottle of Goosebumps. However, the creative juices were just hard to contain and I let them take this on to a distressed free-flowing mixed media card. LOL


So now, the acrylic paint shows up in the bottom right corner of the photo where I backed my shot with a new sheet of pattern paper. I watered-down just a little bit of paint and brushed it around the corners (but not all the way to the distressed edges) and then smeared it with my finger. I also used it to splatter dots on the main image and over the pattern paper.

My shiny element is a spray of Goosebumps on the Pear Blossom panel. That piece of tape is a leftover from a christmas card. I just store these DIY washi tape pieces on a transparency book cover. I'm so happy how it worked together.

Join us for the maiden challenge today. It's the best way to get yourself into mixed media if you have wanted to start, but thought is was too scary.


Details:
Stamps: Pear Blossom (Stampendous)
Paper: All Spice (My Minds Eye), white (Neenah), Kraft (Bazzill)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), colored pencils (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Piercing mat kit (Stampin' Up), paper tape, acrylic paints, Goosebumps (Tsukineko), embroidery thread

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!