I'm playing along with the Do You Stack Up challenge which is to create Something Vintage (#94). My fingers were itchy to try and distress up the Snowy Postcard stamp from Stampendous, so I came up with this card.
It's got something old written all over it with the collage like layers of a postcard. So my assembly went something like this;
- Stamp Snowy Postcard on cream cardstock,
- Distress around edges with Ranger Antiqued Linen and Vintage Photo,
- Color scene by finger smudging oil pastels,
- Add snow with Chunky White Embossing Enamel (heat from the backside so it won't blow away),
- Glue some Guilded Mica Fragments around the scene,
- Add some faux cards behind the postcard with strips of distressed paper scraps,
- Tie a twine bow,
- Glue down onto a red card base stamped with Jumbo Holly Season,
- Burnish postcard edges with soft graphite pencil. Done.
It was a very easy card to put together with all the effects of something old added to it.
Now here's the best part of today's post, Stampendous is sponsoring this challenge, so head on over to DYSU blog and enter your Vintage style project.
Stamps: Snowy Postcard (Stampendous), Jumbo Holly Season (Stampendous)
Paper: Cream and Red card stock
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Antique Linen and Vintage Photo (Ranger)
Accessories: Chunky White Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Guilded Mica Fragments (Stampendous), oil pastels (Pentel), twine (Martha Stewart)