Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Making Resin Jewelry with Stampendous and Resin Crafts

Oh yes, we are making jewelry with Resin Crafts and Stampendous... All of us!


It's mega Resin Hop Day! Seriously, have you enjoyed all the projects or what. I think the Stampendous team did a fabulous job with only a few people that have ever created before with resin! That has something to say for the products we used, right? Thanks so much Carmi of Resin Crafts and Stampendous! for treating us so well with supplies!

Important Info Right Here!

Visit each blog and be entered in our drawing for a great prize package when you leave a comment! If you don't tell us you were there by commenting, we can't include you in the drawing! We'll pick a winner from today's comments separate from the commenters throughout the week*. Get hoppin!

Resin Crafts Blog (Canadian Prize Details!!!)
• Janelle Stollfus •
Next... Jennifer Ingle


Now for the whole view of my project today! Yay!

I found a frame magnet at Craft Warehouse on sale that I used for my "bezel". Since the frame was open in the center I cut out a circle just wide enough to reach the back of the frame, but not cover the magnets. I used my PITT artist Pen to trace a border on the circle, but made an oopsie mark, so I just repositioned the frame again and again creating many off center circles. Tip: Use a pencil first! 

I stamped my sentiment and colored it with pastels, then glued it to the back of the frame giving it a day to thoroughly dry. I sprinkled Bronze Crushed Glass Glitter and Black Crushed Glass Glitter around the edges of the sentiment. When it was time to pour the resin I decided to add a butterfly with the same coloring and technique I had created on the frame sentiment. I sprinkled some Black Crushed Glass Glitter to the body of the butterfly and then Fran•táge with some Aged Black Embossing Enamel.  I painted the resin onto the front and back of the butterfly and let it cure on my craft mat. I poured, no I should say drizzled, resin over the glitter into the magnet frame in hopes that it wouldn't move much, then kept adding resin until it was filled to the interior of the frame opening.

That's it for my project. Hope you have a great time on the hop today. Now head on over the Jennifer's blog


Take a look at the Featured Products I used for today's project:








Details:
Resin Crafts Products: Jewelry Resin
Stamps: Jumbo Hydrangea (Stampendous), Dream Text (Stampendous), Cling Breathe (Stampendous)
Paper: Vintage Graph Paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), VersaMark Watermark Pad (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Black Crushed Glass GlitterBronze Crushed Glass Glitter, Aged Black Embossing Enamel, Round Magnet Frame (Sierra Pacific Crafts at Craft Warehouse), Pastels, Faber-Castell PITT Superfine Artist Pen, Clear Decoupage Finish (Plaid)

Pin It

29 comments:

  1. Love the look of this. The butterfly is really pretty with the crushed glitter center

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo! Love it! Gorgeous colors and just the right amount of add-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I'm the first to comment, but your project rocks!!! I love it - so many details and the colors are gorgeous!!! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like the multiple circle marks. It gives your project movement and a more artsy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for including all the products.....loving this blog hop!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/designsbysusan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Very pretty! Love the soft pastels. Sweet butterfly accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the doodled circles! Happy mistake! And that glass glitter on the butterfly...perfect touch! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use for this frame, love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this project. I echo the sentiment of just the right amount of add ins.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and I like your oopsie circles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janelle, I love all of the detail. The off-set circles may have been a mistake but I think they are great, they really draw your eye to the sentiment. And the glass glitter is perfection. Love it on your butterfly. This is a fantastic resin project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project and I love your chart! Thanks so much for playing with us today! It's just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This gave me some interesting ideas. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, love how you used the 'Breathe' sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the project and the crushed glass glitter looks awesome! I need to add that to my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors and glass glitters really look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the glitter and the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the glass glitter in this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very, very pretty! Love the added touch of the butterfly! Isn't it fun how we can make a little boo boo and then make it work for the design! Your circles are the perfect example of a simple little uh-oh adding some extra umph to the look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous projects and another fun blog hop! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice project with the butterfly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the butturefly and the word breath together.The colors were great to.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool magnet! Love the butterfly on the frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet butterfly design. Love the coloring and embellishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!