Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, June 23, 2012

There is a Wedded Bliss


At least some days there can be!  I was in crafty bliss creating this card I'm sharing today. I grabbed a bunch of supplies and had fingers flying all of the craft room. My favorite playlist booming in the background. It was a fun time just for me.

The Viva La Verve challenge for June is wrapping up in a few days. Plenty of time to create some projects with all the sketches. See this post in the forum for all the sketches lined up and the deadlines and prize waiting for one champion!


The card is using Teresa's awesomely angular sketch for Viva La Verve sketch this week.

I'm keeping it simple with my post today. We've got some tennis plans with the kids and I need to be ready to go if my hubby can get away from extra work this weekend.

I made everything on this card, save the pearls, corsage pin, paper and ribbon. I used a hole punch and a perforated rotary blade to make the base mat. A EK Success Rounded hole punch and the same rotary blade for the second mat. Roughed up the edges of those mats with MM Edge Scraper tool. The crackle paint spool for the grosgrain ribbon is chipboard rounded with a Corner Chomper and painted with Ranger White Crackle Paint. All those mentioned were sponge distressed with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Ranger Ink. Matching the glitter on the pattern paper I stamped and embossed the leaf sprig from Verve's Bloom and Grow set with Kaleidoscope embossing powder and cut it out with the coordinating A Cut Above Die Elegant Leaves. The flowers are rolled from pages of a $1 book from Michaels that I did a few months ago. I painted the pages with acrylic paint and then drew the spiral in pencil and left them for later. It's nice to have those on hand ready to glue on a project. I added some lace ribbon and adhesive backed pearl to the sketch for some polishing touches. The sentiment is cut out with the A Cut Above Die Ribbon Banner Die and stamped "Wedded Bliss" from the Small Celebrations set.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend and some inky time!

Details:
Stamps: Small Celebrations (Verve Stamps), Bloom and Grow (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Coral Couture Matstack (DCWV), green and tan cardstock
Ink: Tea Dye and Walnut Stain (Ranger), Versamark Watermark Ink (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Ribbon Banner Die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Elegant Leaves die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Crop-a-dile (WRMK), Perforated Rotary Blade (Fiskars), Round Binding Edge punch (EK Success), Distress Crackle Paint (Ranger), corsage pins (Panacea), Mica Fragments (Stampendous), Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder (Stampendous), adhesive back Sunflower Yellow Pearls (Queen, Co), Icicle Glimmer Glaze (Tattered Angels), Tuscan Sun Shimmer Spritz (Shimmer Spritz),  lace ribbon (Walmart), Mellow Moss ribbon (SU!)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!