Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 20, 2012

You're My Hero~ CASE


Happy Friday everyone!

I'm bringing a quick card today that I did joining in on the CASE Study this month with Laurie Schmidlin as the muse. If you've been on any Verve blog hop's you'll know that she's a Diva with some super spectacular talent. I just happen to pick the Study week that was one of her simply powerful designs, which is why I have a quick card today. Here's my card using CASE Study #87 (link no longer valid so it was removed)...



I went with the heart and popped up elements from the inspiration card and used some fun pattern paper from Basic Grey's Picadilly stack pad.

My elements are all Verve die cuts and stamps except the dots popping out from around the collage. They are stamped with an eraser from nearby mechanical pencil, love improvisation sometimes. Here's how my card using my Verve.

I stamped the ribbon banner from the new Super Dad set released last week and die cut it out with the coordinating Ribbon Banner die. The I Heart U die set was used too, and adding a little more character I cut the heart from the i so it looked embedded. The U is stamped with a sentiment from Purely Sentimental, another new set from Verve. All this was popped up over some scraps of brown ribbon. I layered some pattern paper and Crumb Cake cardstock on the yellow cardstock base for a little more texture.






Details:
Stamps: Super Dad (Verve Stamps), Purely Sentimental (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Picadilly paper stack (Basic Grey), Crumb Cake (SU!), Yellow
Ink: Cocoa (CTMH)
Accessories: Ribbon Banner Die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), I Heart U (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), ribbon, zig zag rotary cutter, pencil eraser

Verve Stamps website is no longer available so links have been removed. New designs by Verve’s artist, Julie Tilman, can be found at Sweet and Sassy Stamps. 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is precious! Love this fun arrangement of die cuts and stamping. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!